Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Physical card for companion pass

crunchymom23
Explorer C

Is SWA no longer mailing actual cards for the companion pass?  We are taking a flight next week that we booked with the status and a card never arrived in the mail.  I called CS today to ask and the person I spoke to thought they stopped mailing them but wasn't 100% sure.  I really don't want to have an issue at the airport (although I realize people are almost never asked for them, I'd be the first knowing my luck).  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Physical card for companion pass

franktravel
Aviator B

I have had the Companion Pass for over 6 years and have flown on over 80 round trip flights and have never had to show it! 

Hope this helps 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@franktravel wrote:

I have had the Companion Pass for over 6 years and have flown on over 80 round trip flights and have never had to show it! 

Hope this helps 

Same here, I think four years or so for me. You should be good as long as names match, etc. You may be able to login online and save the screenshot as a backup if you were more comfortable.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Southwest still sends the companion pass card. You don't generally need it in order to travel as a companion. However, Southwest has tested allowing companions to board with the companion pass holder -- instead of at their later assigned position -- and in that test, the companion needed to show the card in order to do so. If this becomes policy, companions may want to make sure they have the card.