Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Planned a 2-flight mileage run for A-list qualifying this week but now there are no flights to b

Geefer1210
Explorer A

@jazzpilot56 Man that’s a bummer i’m sorry to hear about your upheaval but I love your outlook! I agree I appreciate everything SWA is trying to do to get back on track. I’m also looking forward to seeing what they learn from this whole thing when it comes to scheduling planes, flight crews, investing in new technology and systems to minimize disruptions of this magnitude etc. 

Lots of luck to you, I hope you get your CP! 

Re: Planned a 2-flight mileage run for A-list qualifying this week but now there are no flights to b

jazzpilot56
Adventurer B

I just noticed that my A-List and Companion Pass have been extended to 1/31/2023.

I hope that's a universal change.

Best, Will

- Will (where there's a will there's a way)

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jazzpilot56 wrote:

I'm in a similar situation, but to renew my Companion Pass. I have 121,500 points and need 3,500 more to get to the required 125,000 points.

There is still hope for you.

Lots of hotels give you a shot at 3500 points. you just have to check out by 12/31/22

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@jazzpilot56 wrote:

I'm in a similar situation, but to renew my Companion Pass. I have 121,500 points and need 3,500 more to get to the required 125,000 points.

There is still hope for you.

Lots of hotels give you a shot at 3500 points. you just have to check out by 12/31/22

Deleted my first post - I see this was a CP post - totally doable! Rocketmiles, Southwest hotels, rental cars - lots of options. And you'll definitely get it back if you have to spend a few hundred bucks it is a no-brainer.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

look again.

Friday flights are available again.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It would not surprise me if Southwest determined who was close for status and either offered them the ability to earn the credits early next year or just gave them the bump to qualify.  I just wouldn't expect it to happen until sometime in January.  At least that's how I hope they handle the situation when they talk about making things right for their customers.  Fingers crossed for you.

--TheMiddleSeat

Geefer1210
Explorer A

@TheMiddleSeat i agree that would be awesome. Thanks to another poster I found flights to make the RT I needed at a price I felt wasn’t outrageous to keep my status so I booked it. I am currently waiting in TPA waiting for my return flight and turned this into an early morning adventure for my travel-loving 5yo. ❤️ 

ParSWA
Adventurer B

I think you mean that flights can be booked again for tomorrow. Whether or not flights actually get off the ground, remains to be seen.

This reminds me a little bit of the Seinfeld classic when he goes to pick up his rental car, but they don't have his car available. "You know how to take a reservation, but you clearly don't know how to fulfill a reservation."

Hopefully, SWA turns it all around tomorrow. I can't imagine not having this disaster resolved going into New Years' weekend.

Geefer1210
Explorer A

@dfwskier thanks for the heads up, i started checking when I saw your reply and at first there wasn’t much there but by the end of the day I found myself the roundtrip I needed! 

jazzpilot56
Adventurer B

My A-List and Companion Pass have been extended to 1/31/2023. Check to see if yours has been too.

- Will (where there's a will there's a way)