Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Points Plus Hotels Not Showing Up

suebrod
Explorer C

I was looking at booking a hotel this morning (in either Greenwood Village, Denver, Colorado or Cherry Creek, Denver, Colorado).  There were a number of points plus options available.

When I went back to book, there were none available.  Just to be sure that it wasn't the location and or the date, I searched a variety of cities and a variety of dates and I can not find a single points plus hotel.

I contacted Southwest and they said I could try contacting Booking.com, but this seems like a Southwest issue to me.  I have tried an incognito window as well as clearing cookies.

Is any else having this problem?  Any recommendations?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Points Plus Hotels Not Showing Up

dfwskier
Aviator A

It's not a Southwest problem.

It is a booking.com problem. It seems that organization is no longer offering points plus rooms.  Southwest has no input into these types of decisions. 

suebrod
Explorer C

Just stopped this morning?  Because I was able to find them when I first got up (and yesterday)

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

First, it's not a Southwest issue since booking.com is the company that runs hotel bookings.  Just because there is a link to it on southwest.com does not make the interaction with the site a Southwest problem.  At the top of the hotel booking page it also says "in partnership with Booking.com".

Second, it's not necessarily a problem.  If booking.com chooses not to offer any Points Plus properties that's their prerogative.  I did a few random searches in various cities/dates and also did not have any Points Plus properties appear.  Perhaps try again another time to see if they are offered.

Unless you are in need of the points for CP qualification you'll typically find cheaper prices and have the ability to earn status if you book directly through the hotel.

--TheMiddleSeat

suebrod
Explorer C

Thank you both for your replies.  I guess they went away the first time I was going to try to use them, and just a few minutes before I tried.

I'll check again tomorrow and see if it is a glitch or an end of the program.

Appreciate both of your comments.

suebrod
Explorer C

Must have been a glitch in the system.  They are back now.