Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Points deducted in error after original booking was not ticketed

nakubo
Explorer C

I made two bookings on July 17th. The first itinerary did not get ticketed. I know this because no confirmation email was received, no PNR was visible on the website, edit/view would not work, etc. However, points were deducted from my account for both bookings.
9388 points for BWI-MDW, not ticketed
4986 points for ORD-DAL, ticketed and PNR assigned

I called customer service on July 21st (despite a 2 hour hold time) and an agent was able to get the first itinerary ticketed. However, an additional 4986 points were deducted from my account . This seems to be a glitch/bug because the points required for the BWI-MDW itinerary were 9388 and these points were already deducted on June 17th.

There are only two bookings but three point deductions (screenshot at the bottom). I called back on June 23rd and was told to submit a ticket via the website, which I did. On June 28th I received an email saying that my case was forwarded to Customer Relations for further review. I tried to call today but despite the announcement of a 4 minute wait, it was 45 minutes when I hung up as I had other things to take care of.

1) Anyone else have a similar issue with points being deducted in error?

2) What's the typical turnaround time for resolution after we submit a ticket?

3) Is Customer Relations the department that handles all issues, even for Rapid Rewards?

SouthwestPointsBalance_20210706.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Points deducted in error after original booking was not ticketed

bec102896
Aviator A

Your best bet is to reach out to customer relations again and just hang tight the hold time may be long but they should be able to investigate and figure out what might have happened.  

You could also reach out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter in a DM and they can assist as well. 

Once you get this resolved feel free to come back and share what the customer relations representative told you the issue was as I'd be curious to know what happened if your comfortable with sharing. 

-Blake 

nakubo
Explorer C

Unfortunately, both Facebook and Twitter messaging isn't very helpful of late. There is just an auto-reply with a standardized message. I will call in again and see if a real person can help. I don't mind posting their response.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Customer relations does provide an e-mail option

nakubo
Explorer C

I called this morning and for the first time, I was provided with a call-back option. Luckily, the agent that called me was able to contact their Help Desk and resolve the issue. The extra points deducted in error were refunded back to my account. All's well that ends well!

bec102896
Aviator A

@nakubo wrote:

I called this morning and for the first time, I was provided with a call-back option. Luckily, the agent that called me was able to contact their Help Desk and resolve the issue. The extra points deducted in error were refunded back to my account. All's well that ends well!

Glad to hear they got everything straightened out and that you got your points back!

-Blake