Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Points expired?

Mrsz816
Explorer C

Hi. I had a lot of points that just expired on August 31. I need to book a flight and was wondering if there was any way to get the points back since it is so close to the expiration. Thanks so much!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Points expired?

bec102896
Aviator A

@Mrsz816

Sorry your points expired 

Unfortunately I don't think you will be able to get your points back since they are expired. Points expire after 2 years of no qualifying activity which in my opinion is generous compared to some airlines that only give you between 3 months and 18 months before points expire. 

you can always reach out to customer relations though to see if they could make an exception for you by calling 855-234-4654 or reach out to Southwest on Facebook or twitter 

hope this helps

Blake

Re: Points expired?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Southwest requires point earning activity in your Rapid Rewards account once every 24 months in order to keep it active and avoid forfeiting all points. Unfortunately, once they are forfeited, they are gone. The only way I know of to possibly have them reinstated is if you had point earning activity in the past year that wasn't credited to your account. If so, contact Customer Relations and be prepared to show proof. Good luck.