Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Points on package deals.

pinkcars88
Explorer C

Quick question please---can you use points on flight/hotel package deals?  I did not see a place to swap over to points like when you are booking a flight.  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Points on package deals.

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Sorry, but no you can't. - not thru SW at least -- meaning not thru Southwest Vacations because it is a separate company.

You used o be able to buy rent cars, hotel stays and other things thru More Rewards - another separate company. Be warned that if you use them, you will find that the firm gives you far less value per point than Southwest does,

I just tried to find the link to More Rewards, but failed to find it. Maybe it no longer has ties to Southwest.. IDK

pinkcars88
Explorer C

Thanks much---answers my question!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

Sorry, but no you can't. - not thru SW at least -- meaning not thru Southwest Vacations because it is a separate company.

You used o be able to buy rent cars, hotel stays and other things thru More Rewards - another separate company. Be warned that if you use them, you will find that the firm gives you far less value per point than Southwest does,

I just tried to find the link to More Rewards, but failed to find it. Maybe it no longer has ties to Southwest.. IDK

More Rewards is still available, although it's now limited to Chase Rapid Rewards credit card cardholders only. The link is under Rapid Rewards > How To Redeem.

More Rewards

Rental cars, hotels, cruises, international flights, merchandise and a selection of gift cards are among available options. But as @dfwskier mentioned, the redemption rate is very unfavorable when compared to using points for Southwest flights.