Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Points statement?

farleyboy007
Explorer C

I swear i had like 150k points, booked a round trip flight for like 40k, it got cancelled, i had to change what they rebooked me to, and it looks like they pulled another 30k points from my account. The only history i can find is the activity, so without a beginning balance, i really have no idea what's happening to my points. Also, every time i booked a flight for that process, it was showing a refund and a redemption at the same time. trying to make sense of it is not going well...

Is there some kind of report that would give you a monthly balance with activity or something, like a credit card statement?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Points statement?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

There's no statement like what you are describing available online. You might be able to call Customer Relations and walk through the activity and they may have more information than what's available online.

Contact Customer Relations

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

You can view all points activity tied to your account over the last year.

1) Log on to Southwest

2) click on my account

3) move down the right side of the page to points activity

4) click on "see all points activity"

Every point added to or subtracted from  your account over the last year will be shown there.

jksobonya
Aviator A

I agree that the Redeem and Refund lines being right next to each other is a little confusing. I have several lines like that, and I think what happens is if you redeem a flight with points, but then cancel it later on, the lines are next to each other in the Points history, but the Redeem shows first and the Refund shows second, when it should be the other way around, since the pages go from most recent activity to oldest history. Why the lines appear next to each other as if it all happened on the same day is mysterious - I definitely know I redeemed a flight with points on Date A but cancelled it on Date B, but the History shows it all happening on the same day.

Regardless of that - if you cancelled and rebooked your flight with points my guess is your rebooked flight cost 30K more points than your original fight did. 

--Jessica 

farleyboy007
Explorer C

You are probably right @jksobonya , but it's super weird that the flight i rebooked is exactly double my original flight and doesn't come through as its own transaction. Like it says "redeem 27k points", and then same day a second "redeem 27k points"

I would think it should display as "refund 27k" and "redeem 54k" right? normally changing flights with SW is easy and straightforward, i'm not sure why this one is so odd... 

Also i don't see the initial redemption of points for this flight. every entry is a net Zero on the same day, until the most recent 27k redemption.