Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Praying for DONATED RAPID REWARDS POINTS for our NonProfit helping ORPHANS in Mexico

HeartsHelping04
Explorer C

My family and I founded a nonprofit 501c3 organization in 2005;  Perkins Family Ministries dba HEARTS WITHOUT BORDERS.org.  We live on the west coast of Florida.  Since then we have made over 70 mission trips (at our expense, we try hard to earn points!) to El Paso to travel over the border into Juarez, Mexico.  We began feeding children (and supplying school supplies, a LOT of food to families, meals to school children, Christmas outreaches, clothes, school registrations, medical and dental supplies.................................and built several small homes ($8,000 each) in the western desert outskirts there.  Four years ago our feeding shelter became an orphanage building out of dire need.  On property is a Christian evangelical church (also built), separate Girls and Boys dormitory rooms, a kitchen and dining area, small office, counseling room.  Sounds glamourous.  Its not.  We desire to look insignificant (behind a gated wall) in this volatile and violent area (drugs, gangs).  Our family started the nonprofit and continue to take small (3-5 people) groups to help about 2-3 times a year.  100% AT OUR OWN EXPENSE.  Would you consider offering unwanted or knowingly will-not-use SOUTHWEST RAPID REWARDS POINTS>What a BLESSING THIS WOULD BE for us!     check us out on Facebook  HEARTS WITHOUT BORDERS Venice, Florida.  My name is Annette Perkins.     God is good all the time.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Praying for DONATED RAPID REWARDS POINTS for our NonProfit helping ORPHANS in Mexico

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It appears Southwest is not currently accepting unsolicited requests for donations.  You can read more about their charity work here: https://www.southwest.com/donations/

As there is a cost to transfer RR points from one person to another I suspect it will not be a very popular idea for individuals to send points to you.  Perhaps someone has a voucher they are not interested in using, those can be transferred.

--TheMiddleSeat 

Re: Praying for DONATED RAPID REWARDS POINTS for our NonProfit helping ORPHANS in Mexico

jksobonya
Aviator A

Unfortunately, I just can't tell anymore whether stuff like this is a "scam" or not. 😕  With that said, there is a Facebook page for this non-profit based out of Venice, FL. What would donating RR points do? It would get them from FL to TX, maybe? I believe SWA flies to one or two Mexican destinations - Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta. 

--Jessica

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jksobonya wrote:

Unfortunately, I just can't tell anymore whether stuff like this is a "scam" or not. 😕  With that said, there is a Facebook page for this non-profit based out of Venice, FL. What would donating RR points do? It would get them from FL to TX, maybe? I believe SWA flies to one or two Mexican destinations - Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta. 

--Jessica

Cancun also, but it sounds like the charity is focused in the border area near El Paso. Probably easier to bring the supplies and materials across by private vehicle.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@HeartsHelping04 Without any support (website link) or any type of verification you do really exists, I encourage anyone in this forum NOT to bite on this.  

And as already stated, SWA does not allow folks to solicit formally or informally in this forum.  

If your organization is legit I wish you the best in securing the support you need.  You never did mention (that I recall) how these points help the children you assist out if donated.  

HeartsHelping04
Explorer C

PLEASE check our our website:  HeartsWithoutBorders.org  (founded in 2004, became NonProfit 501c3 in 2005.  Also our Facebook page.  Also on YouTube some of our mission outreach videos.  The way donated miles would help us (my husband, adult daughter and me) is that the $ we save buying our own airline tickets (from Tampa to El Paso roundtrip, 2-3 times a year, or more as needed) we would take the saved funds (we always pay for 100% of our own travel expenses, van rental, meals and lodging) we would use to buy items for the kids (this next trip this summer is a SCHOOL SUPPLIES outreach for 150+ children living in impoverished areas).  Backpacks, school supplies, underwear, new shoes, registrations (when needed, about $40 per year per child).  We always buy food (in bulk) as well.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

I would advise you to write the airline at the address listed in the "contact us" link below