Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Priority Credit Card--Is it still worth it?

sethisaballer
Explorer C

Hi all,

I think I am going to apply for the Priority Card.  I currently have the Chase Sapphire Preferred, so this would probably be just to really take advantage of the 60k points + yearly perks of the card.  I am a little upset I missed out on the Companion Pass offer, but still seems like a good deal for only $150 a year.  I fly Southwest on average probably around 10-15 one-way flights per year.  Do you guys still think it is worth it?  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Priority Credit Card--Is it still worth it?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@sethisaballer wrote:

Hi all,

I think I am going to apply for the Priority Card.  I currently have the Chase Sapphire Preferred, so this would probably be just to really take advantage of the 60k points + yearly perks of the card.  I am a little upset I missed out on the Companion Pass offer, but still seems like a good deal for only $150 a year.  I fly Southwest on average probably around 10-15 one-way flights per year.  Do you guys still think it is worth it?  

Seems like yes, especially if you don't already have one of the other Southwest RR Visa cards.

You can verify for yourself if the points you earned last year plus the likely reimbursements and discounts are greater than the annual fee.

Then also if you bought all the same stuff on your Sapphire, what would the benefits be, is that more or less? The points may be more, but including the discounts and fee reimbursements may tip it over.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

SWDigits
Aviator A

@sethisaballer wrote:

Hi all,

I think I am going to apply for the Priority Card.  ....Do you guys still think it is worth it?  

My short answer is yes! If you fly Southwest at least once per year then I value the annual card benefits as easily greater than the annual $149 fee.

Customer | Home airport DCA

dfwskier
Aviator A

60k points is worth somewhere around $900, so it seems the answer for year 1 would be yes. You'll need to determine whether  a second year is worthwhile.

SWDigits
Aviator A
Even without the sign up points the Priority card pays for itself if you fly at least once per year due to the $75 flight credit and the 7,500 anniversary points credit. The reimbursement for 4 Upgraded Boardings and anything else is gravy.

Customer | Home airport DCA