Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Promotion Not Showing Up And Losing Out

Busymann
Explorer C

Southwest has a promotion where you earn 7x points on travel and 5x on some other categories for the Priority Card up to $1500. I see the promotion under my account yet I have no I only have the Premier card.

My wife, on the other hand, has the Priority card yet doesn't see the promotion. When trying to simply put my wife's name, zip, and last 4 digits of her card of my registration link, it says "Please correct highlighted fields" but there's nothing highlighted.

This is rather foul since we had to book flights totaling $1200 off the bat and even right now, she can't register for the promotion. $1500 in Southwest purchases at 7x points would be 10,500 points and at 3x it's 6K LESS points.

Why is this on my account only when I have no Priority Card and not on my wife's who has the card? We lose out for this reason.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Promotion Not Showing Up And Losing Out

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Chase   offers targeted promotions -- meaning not everyone gets the same promotion.

In this case it seems Chase is trying to get people to SIGN-UP for it's priority card. Thus people that don't have that card get the promotion while those that already have it do not get the promotion.

Busymann
Explorer C

That's not the case here which makes it even more backwards.

I have a Premier card. You are allowed to have another Southwest personal card so I couldn't get a Priority card unless I upgraded my Premier.

I get a promotion for the Priority card which I couldn't sign up for if I wanted.

My wife, on the other hand, had NO Southwest card so the promotion would have been perfect for her. She signs up and gets no promotion.

Here's another irony. There's a promotion going around Facebook for the same spending multiplier for the PREMIER card.
When I sign up there, it says "Please correct highlighted fields" and nothing is highlighted.

Btw, the point of these promotions isn't to get you to sign up for the card but to get you to SPEND on those card.

Busymann
Explorer C

How did this get marked as solved? It's not solved at all. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Busymann wrote:

How did this get marked as solved? It's not solved at all. 

As mentioned, promotions are targeted.  No one but Chase knows the exact algorithm to determine who gets the offer.

--TheMiddleSeat