Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Promotion code

Beya
Explorer C

I recently got a promotion code offer for being a card member. But when used the code it’s says: 

Oops! The promotion code entered was not recognized

What do I do?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Promotion code

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

If you are referring to 20% off reward travel it's pretty limited in scope.  Make sure your selected travel meets all the terms.

Must book with points and the trip cannot be more than 14 days out.  I did a test search with my code and was able to apply it to flights tomorrow.  See if you can do the same thing, that will ensure the code actually works, then try your actual search again.  If you share more details of the flights you are trying to book that would also help.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Must book with points and the trip cannot be more than 14 days out.  

If that's true, then the code is of minimal value, as the cheapest WGA fares don't appear unless you are at least 14 days out.

BTW, I did not get a code.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@dfwskier or alternatively the code is worth more because flights are more expensive within 2 weeks and therefore the dollar discount will be greater.  If someone needs to fly last minute any discount is better than no discount.  Does this inspire me to book a trip I had otherwise not been thinking about?  Probably not, but it did make me think about it.

--TheMiddleSeat