Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Qualifying for A-List part II

pkerr100
Explorer B

I noticed when perusing SWA that they mention that A-List qualifying points can be earned via "b) through qualifying purchases with our Rapid Rewards partners."

Anyone have any idea what those purchases are?  Through the shopping portal?  Car rentals?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Qualifying for A-List part II

dfwskier
Aviator A

I think you have misread something.

A-List qualifying points are ONLY earned by using paid tickets.

Companion Pass qualifying points are earned for  using hotels, shopping, eating at restaurants, renting cars, and yes even for flying.. Points that can be used to buy tickets are the same.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It is possible to earn A-List qualifying points via at least some of the Chase Southwest credit cards. Read your terms and conditions for details about any cards you have. 

"Earn 1,500 tier qualifying points (TQPs) toward A-List status for every $10,000 spent in purchases annually–with no limit on the amount of TQPs you can earn."

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

It is possible to earn A-List qualifying points via at least some of the Chase Southwest credit cards. Read your terms and conditions for details about any cards you have. 

"Earn 1,500 tier qualifying points (TQPs) toward A-List status for every $10,000 spent in purchases annually–with no limit on the amount of TQPs you can earn."

--TheMiddleSeat

I forgot about that one

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@pkerr100 wrote:

I noticed when perusing SWA that they mention that A-List qualifying points can be earned via "b) through qualifying purchases with our Rapid Rewards partners."

Anyone have any idea what those purchases are?  Through the shopping portal?  Car rentals?

Thanks

Here is the manual - this comes up a lot at the end of the year but I think it should answer your questions as well even though we're in May. 

https://www.southwest.com/html/rapidrewards/eoy-tier-communication.html

In the case of what you were reading, the "Rapid Rewards Partners" is only Chase credit cards at certain levels, mainly excluding the basic card. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.