Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Quitting Rapid Rewards and Southwest

sateller69
Explorer C

I just found out, because I wanted to earn more Rapid Rewards points to take free trip, ended up cancelling ALL my points!!! 6,163 pts lifetime, which, I remember ads saying the RR points NEVER expired (they said nothing about being a Credit Card member either). When OI called and asked about it I was told my account was inactive, I could still use the points, but adding my credit card to my RR number to earn more points, all my points i earned are gone. So guess what, so am I. Sorry, Southwest!!! 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Quitting Rapid Rewards and Southwest

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@sateller69 wrote:

I just found out, because I wanted to earn more Rapid Rewards points to take free trip, ended up cancelling ALL my points!!! 6,163 pts lifetime, which, I remember ads saying the RR points NEVER expired (they said nothing about being a Credit Card member either). When OI called and asked about it I was told my account was inactive, I could still use the points, but adding my credit card to my RR number to earn more points, all my points i earned are gone. So guess what, so am I. Sorry, Southwest!!! 

If you had earning activity in the past six months that wasn't property credited you can call them back, otherwise we haven't heard of any exceptions to the 2-year expiration on this community.

Sorry to hear that you lost the points.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

Hey,

Apologies again for this.

Just to clarify, points don't expire but in order to keep your Rapid Rewards® account active, you must earn qualifying* Rapid Rewards points at least once every 24 months. Points can be awarded via partners, shopping, flying, etc.

Hope this helps going forward. The airline would LUV you back,

Zev

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear that you lost points.

Just be aware that when flying other airlines, you will find that their frequent flyer programs also have expiration dates:  Some as short as six months and others up to 1.5 years. Delta is the only airline without a points expiration provision.

Southwest's is two years. 

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

I am sorry to hear that your Rapid Reward was being cancelled. They are manipulating peoples into doing this.

bec102896
Aviator A

@DfDrPepper_23

How so? 

they send out emails before points expire and they have fine print that says something like "points don't expire as long as your have qualifying account activity every 2 years" which is on every ad that I see advertisements for points don't not expire usually at the bottom

other airlines points/Miles expire in less time like 6 months as stated above for example frontier and Spirit airlines. 

But @sateller69 I'm sorry your points did expire I know it is frustrating and hopefully you will give Southwest a chance in the future. 

-Blake 

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

Sateller, please do not give Southwest another chance. They are simplify manipulating peoples.