Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

RR 2x Points Promo Now thru August 31st

Matt4202
Adventurer A

Check your Rapid Rewards Account and Activate Today!
Earn double Rapid Rewards® points between May 12 and August 31, 2020.

Earn double Rapid Rewards points when you register, book, and travel by Aug. 31, 2020.

After you register, every flight you complete between May 12 and August 31 could earn you double Rapid Rewards points. Double points get you closer to that long weekend or future getaway. Simply register, book, and fly by August 31 and those points are yours. Plus, your points never expire and can be used for any flight and any time of the year, giving you the freedom to get back to the people and places you love when you’re ready to travel.

What you need to know about the Southwest® Promise and what we’re
doing for the Safety and wellness of our Employees and Customers.

Electrostatic
disinfectant spray

HEPA
air filter

Physical-distancing
measures

Improved
personal space

Employee
protective equipment

Registered
Terms and Conditions

Earn double Rapid Rewards® points between May 12 and August 31, 2020

To register for this promotion, you will need to provide your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of registration.  If you do not have a Rapid Rewards account number, you may register for an account by going online to Southwest.com/rapidrewards. Rapid Rewards accounts are free.

Member must register for this promotion between May 12 and August 31, 2020, and registration must be completed prior to booking and commencement of travel.  Valid on new qualifying flights booked within the promotional time period.  Member’s qualifying flight must be booked through Southwest Airlines® between May 12 and August 31, 2020 for travel between May 12 and August 31, 2020.  Member’s flight must be completed between May 12 and August 31, 2020.  Member’s Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking Member’s qualifying flight to earn double Rapid Rewards points for that flight.  

A qualifying flight is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections or a round trip revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal.  Travel booked or flown prior to registration for this promotion is not eligible for the double points offer.

Rapid Rewards earned points are calculated using base fare. Member will receive 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select® fares, 10 bonus points per dollar spent on Anytime fares, and six bonus points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away® fares.  Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification.

Member will receive double Rapid Rewards points within four days after completion of entire ticket.  Charter flights, group travel, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacations® packages, and reward travel do not qualify for this promotion. Valid on Southwest Airlines published scheduled service. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion. 

All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply and can be found at Southwest.com/rrterms.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: RR 2x Points Promo Now thru August 31st

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Looks like this promo isn't targeted, but you do have to register. There's a link on the website homepage, or look under Promotions in your RR account.

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 1.12.35 AM.png

dfwskier
Aviator A

Promotions of this type are frequently misunderstood.  One must do the following in this order:

1) Register for the promotion'

2) Book flights

3) Take flights

So, reservations made BEFORE registration will not count. That is the part that is  misunderstood.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Thanks for sharing! I don't recall seeming a promo like this so prominently displayed on the southwest.com page...it is a good one to see for those who have the appetite to travel. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Matt4202
Adventurer A

I think all Southwest promotions involving RR points you’d need to register. I believe my post says it as well. (I just copied and pasted the T&C).

Well, the good thing is it’s from now through 8/31 which is a pretty wide range. So even if you can’t travel until July or August you’ll still get some bonus.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Matt4202 wrote:

I think all Southwest promotions involving RR points you’d need to register. I believe my post says it as well. (I just copied and pasted the T&C).

Well, the good thing is it’s from now through 8/31 which is a pretty wide range. So even if you can’t travel until July or August you’ll still get some bonus.

Sorry, I was trying to point out that the promo isn't targeted, meaning it's open to everyone -- as long as they register.

(RR promos are often targeted, and apply only to the member receiving the notification message.)

Matt4202
Adventurer A

Will the bonus points earned from this count towards A List Status? It doesn’t say that it excludes them from counting in the terms listed on the promotion.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Good question.  SW please respond

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hey @Matt4202 and @SWFlyer007! Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards and will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. Thanks!

Nicole
Community Manager

: RR 2x Points Promo Now thru August 31st

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I have no idea why "dfwskier" would do a LOVE for Nicole's reply.  I would hope that everyone would have loved that the points would have gone to A List..and so on.  Nicole did make it clear these don't go towards those programs.......   😞  Nicole, say it isn't so.   Keep up the good work S.W.