Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

RR Hotel stay Question

Jwigs
Explorer B

Hi All,

Newly converted SW customer. We decided to book a hotel stay for our upcoming trip to Anaheim. There were a large number of RR points for staying at a hotel that was one we liked. 

It was a prepaid stay unfortunately and I had booked it using my SW card & RR miles #. 

It allowed me to edit today my RR # (so I could update this to my husband's RR as I now don't need the points any longer to hit CP). 

Has anyone has experience with this? It isn't tied to my RR because I booked correct? I know when you're booking the stay it seems to say it must match the person who's room name it is under but I wasn't sure if that was true or if it doesn't matter since he's my spouse and we will both me staying in the room.

Any advice on previous experience would be great. 

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: RR Hotel stay Question

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
@Jwigs wrote:

I know when you're booking the stay it seems to say it must match the person who's room name it is under but I wasn't sure if that was true or if it doesn't matter since he's my spouse and we will both me staying in the room.

As you said, when you enter your RR number during the booking process on southwesthotels.com it says the following:

"Guest Information must match the name associated with your Southwest Rapid Rewards® account."  That's pretty clear, the name must match.  I found similar information on several other hotel sites.

You should try contacting the hotel and get the name switched to your husband too, then you'd be ok.  As long as you aren't canceling the reservation that should be possible, but I guess each hotel has it's own rules.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:
@Jwigs wrote:

I know when you're booking the stay it seems to say it must match the person who's room name it is under but I wasn't sure if that was true or if it doesn't matter since he's my spouse and we will both me staying in the room.

As you said, when you enter your RR number during the booking process on southwesthotels.com it says the following:

"Guest Information must match the name associated with your Southwest Rapid Rewards® account."  That's pretty clear, the name must match.  I found similar information on several other hotel sites.

You should try contacting the hotel and get the name switched to your husband too, then you'd be ok.  As long as you aren't canceling the reservation that should be possible, but I guess each hotel has it's own rules.

--TheMiddleSeat

You should be able to have more than one guest's name added, i.e. I booked a room for my mother-in-law a couple of weeks ago and then when she arrived we put her name and credit card on the room, I still got the points (in this case Hyatt). This was doubly helpful since I came to meet for breakfast...of course, here is my key and I'm on the room. (They would let guests eat the breakfast anyway.)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Jwigs
Explorer B

Thank you! I will call just in case. I agree it shouldn't be that big of a deal especially since I'm also staying in the room and will be present but I just don't want an overage of CP points on my card when he needs it more than I do. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Jwigs wrote:

Thank you! I will call just in case. I agree it shouldn't be that big of a deal especially since I'm also staying in the room and will be present but I just don't want an overage of CP points on my card when he needs it more than I do. 

In that scenario I think whoever makes the booking will determine whose account is setup to receive the points.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.