Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

RR Redeemed Flights for A-List?

andreajenkins22
Explorer C

Hi there. I fly about 60 SWA flights a year. In 2018, I earned A-List Preferred for my number of flights flown. Since I have a ton of RR points, I am using some for my typical weekly travel (total of 6 flights). Will these count towards my A-List preferred status? I know they are not tier points, but does a flight booked with RR points count toward A-List 50 flight qualification?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: RR Redeemed Flights for A-List?

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Flights booked on points do not count towards earning A List or the Companion pass.

hope this helps

Blake 

SWDigits
Aviator A
Unfortunately, no, look in the middle of the linked page to find this wording: "The following will not count toward qualification for A-List status: Rapid Rewards reward flights..."

https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/faqs.html?topic=rapid_rewards_program_terms_and_cond...

Customer | Home airport DCA

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I know this struggle as I typically need every flight I can get to qualify! For me, I always pay for my own flights and then reserve the points to use for my family. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

@andreajenkins22,

if you do not have a Southwest Credit Card, you might consider getting one for your normal purchases (gas, grocery, etc) as that may add to your “tier qualifying points.”  I have found the annual fee to be worth the cost and I just pay the balance off each month.  Don’t wait until late in the year, however, because the points don’t post until the monthly statement closes. 

Good of luck on getting to the next tier!

SWDigits
Aviator A
^^^ I agree with both of the above strategies ^^^

Customer | Home airport DCA

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@CareforNOLA wrote:

@andreajenkins22,

if you do not have a Southwest Credit Card, you might consider getting one for your normal purchases (gas, grocery, etc) as that may add to your “tier qualifying points.”  I have found the annual fee to be worth the cost and I just pay the balance off each month.  Don’t wait until late in the year, however, because the points don’t post until the monthly statement closes. 

Good of luck on getting to the next tier!

Unfortunately, most Southwest credit card points are not A-List Tier Qualifying (TQP).

Exception: The Southwest Premier and Priority cards (only) allow you to earn a small amount of TQPs:

1,500 tier qualifying points: You’ll earn 1,500 tier qualifying points (TQPs) for each $10,000 in purchases, up to $100,000 in purchases annually which equal 15,000 TQP.

All Southwest credit card points however are Companion Pass Qualifying (CPQ).