Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

RR Visa - Phone, Cable, Internet and Streaming Services?

LaurieOrangeFan
Explorer C

I've been searching for answers on which internet, cable, phone, and select streaming services are included for extra points with the RR Visa. So far, I learned that "Only subscriptions paid for, or purchases made with the following select merchants will qualify for this category: Apple Music, Apple TV, Disney+, ESPN+, Fubo TV, HBO Max, Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, Paramount+, Peacock, Showtime, SiriusXM, Sling, Spotify, YouTube Premium, YouTube TV and Vudu."

So that covers the streaming - but what about the cable, internet, and phone aspects of the category - which is broken out in the rewards summary? What providers are included? I earned zero points for this category this last month despite putting my phone, internet provider, and cable bills on this card - and all are major providers. 

The most interesting thing to me is that the wording in the advertising is not "select cable, phone, internet" but "cable, phone, internet, and select streaming." That implied that cable, phone, and internet would be broadly covered. Is anyone else having better luck getting points here than me?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: RR Visa - Phone, Cable, Internet and Streaming Services?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

In the Chase app I see the charge from my cable company, Comcast, is identified as merchant type "cable and paid television service". It then also shows +2x points for the transaction. What merchant type is your transaction being labeled as? That's what determines when the bonus points are issued.

--TheMiddleSeat

LaurieOrangeFan
Explorer C

Thanks, you are right. It's Spectrum and it says it's in that same category. So I should get the points. My statement has not closed for this month yet so I will look for it. I assume the points will be there.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If you don't get the bonus on your statement it would be worth a call to Chase to find out why it didn't qualify.

--TheMiddleSeat