Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

RR planning, interactive map

eThomas
Explorer C

There used to be a neat map on the SW site, where you could select your home and destination and it would tell you how many RR points were needed for a ticket. That was great for planning.

I can't find that map anymore. Was it removed?

A family member needs to visit a relative. There are three airports she could fly into...so instead of a nice, quick click to see which is least points-expensive...now I have to...

I guess use the 'low fair calculator' for all the airports to see which is the best option, right?

And I guess that's ok...but I am trying to save points to get the family on a trip, but now I don't know how many points that trip is going to cost (in general)... That interactive map was just great for a quick overview of costs for a variety of destinations.

Is that still around somewhere?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: RR planning, interactive map

bec102896
Aviator A

I believe the interactive map was retired. 

On the low fare calendar you can click points and you can see the lowest cost in points if that helps with saving points if the dates are flexible.

-Blake  

eThomas
Explorer C

I appreciate the reply, thanks Blake. Would love to know for sure if that map is around somewhere, or if any plans to return it. It was a great way to explore places I'd maybe not consider - just click the destination and get at least a rough idea of points needed. Lame if it was totally dropped. Maybe others will know but thank you.

SWDigits
Aviator A

eThomas
Explorer C

Thank you. Not sure that's the same thing but maybe and hope it/both are resumed at some point