Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

RR points for hotel reservation? Cancellation policy?

gcretro
Explorer C

Hello.

I hold a southwest premier credit card and see that I can use my points for hotel reservations.

Any gotcha's using RR points for hotel booking?  Do I have to pay taxes seperately at the hotel?  Wasn't very clear when I tried booking.

How about cancellations? If the hotel allows cancellation upto a date, I assume I get my points bac?

thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: RR points for hotel reservation? Cancellation policy?

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

@gcretro Sorry you never got a response!

Here is the fine print about Southwest Hotels regarding cancellations:

"6. Pre-payment, cancellation, no-show and fine print

By making a reservation with a Supplier, you accept and agree to the relevant cancellation and no-show policy of that Supplier, and to any additional (delivery) terms and conditions of the Supplier that may apply to your visit or stay (including the fine print of the Supplier made available on our Platform and the relevant house rules of the Supplier), including for services rendered and/or products offered by the accommodation provider (the delivery terms and conditions of an accommodation provider can be obtained with the relevant accommodation provider). The general cancellation and no-show policy of each Supplier is made available on our Platform on the Supplier information pages, during the reservation procedure and in the confirmation email or ticket (if applicable). Please note that certain rates or special offers are not eligible for cancellation or change. Applicable city/tourist tax may still be charged by the Supplier in the event of a no-show or charged cancellation. Please check the (reservation) details of your product or service of choice thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your reservation. Please note that a reservation which requires down payment or (wholly or partly) prepayment may be cancelled (without a prior notice of default or warning) insofar the relevant (remaining) amount(s) cannot be collected in full on the relevant payment date in accordance with the relevant payment policy of the Supplier and the reservation. Cancellation and prepayment policies may vary according to room type. Please carefully read the fine print (below the room types or at the bottom of each Supplier page on our Platform) and important information in your reservation confirmation for additional policies as may be applied by the Supplier (e.g. in respect of age requirement, security deposit, non-cancellation/additional supplements for group bookings, extra beds/no free breakfast, pets/cards accepted). Late payment, wrong bank, debit or credit card details, invalid credit/debit cards or insufficient funds are for your own risk and account and you shall not be entitled to any refund of any (non-refundable) prepaid amount unless the Supplier agrees or allows otherwise under its (pre)payment and cancellation policy.

If you wish to review, adjust or cancel your reservation, please revert to the confirmation email and follow the instructions therein. Please note that you may be charged for your cancellation in accordance with the accommodation provider's cancellation, (pre)payment and no-show policy or not be entitled to any repayment of any (pre)paid amount. We recommend that you read the cancellation, (pre)payment and no-show policy of the accommodation provider carefully prior to making your reservation and remember to make further payments on time as may be required for the relevant reservation.

If you have a late or delayed arrival on the check-in date or only arrive the next day, make sure to (timely/promptly) communicate this with the Supplier so they know when to expect you to avoid cancellation of your reservation or room or charge of the no-show fee. Our customer service department can help you if needed with informing the Supplier. Booking.com does not accept any liability or responsibility for the consequences of your delayed arrival or any cancellation or charged no-show fee by the Supplier."

And here is the fine print about Southwest Hotels taxes:

"2. Prices, crossed-out rates and Best Price Guarantee

The prices on our Platform are highly competitive. All room prices are per room for your entire stay and all prices are displayed including VAT/sales tax and all other taxes (subject to change of such taxes), unless stated differently on our Platform or the confirmation email/ticket. Ticket prices are per person or group and subject to validity as indicated on the ticket, if applicable. Applicable fees and taxes (including tourist/city tax) may be charged by the Supplier in the event of a no-show or cancellation fee. Applicable taxes may be charged by the accommodation in the event of a no-show or cancellation fee."

This and more at https://www.southwesthotels.com/.

Hope this helps! Happy travels!

-A List, Companion Pass holder