Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Reward Surveys

sdekater
Explorer C

Does anybody participate in the RR surveys, where they send you surveys by e-mail and you complete the surveys for RR points?  If so, what do you think of those surveys?  Many times, the original question has NOTHING to do with the topic, and many surveys ask quite a few specific and personal questions before FINALLY deciding that I don't qualify for the survey.  It is hard to complete a survey where I end up getting the 50-75 points that would make it worth the time. Any thoughts?  (BTW, once they start getting too specific and/or personal, I now simply delete it.)

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rapid Reward Surveys

dfwskier
Aviator A

The topic has come up before.

I think the general consensus is that one has to invest a fair amount of time to get a few points, and  have come to the conclusion that it's not worth it.

But if you are sitting at an airport with nothing better to do ....

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

The topic has come up before.

I think the general consensus is that one has to invest a fair amount of time to get a few points, and  have come to the conclusion that it's not worth it.

But if you are sitting at an airport with nothing better to do ....

Same - I think any new person who was interested should give it a try, there may be some demographic out there that is in more demand for surveys, apparently that's not me though so I've stopped taking them.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Gallda2
Explorer C

This is terrible for Southwest customers. The questions are personal and the information is shared with so many other companies it’s hard to keep track of all the opt outs you have to submit to keep your information private. When I read thru all the opt outs I felt taken advantage of and I wasn’t expecting that from Southwest. Really disappointed they allow this. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Gallda2 wrote:

This is terrible for Southwest customers. The questions are personal and the information is shared with so many other companies it’s hard to keep track of all the opt outs you have to submit to keep your information private. When I read thru all the opt outs I felt taken advantage of and I wasn’t expecting that from Southwest. Really disappointed they allow this. 

I've received the soliciatation from several airlines and at least two hotel companies -- so it isn;t just Southwest.

Some people think it is worth it for possible points earned. Others don't.

The moral of the story is -- "know what you are signing up for."

You did that and didn't like what you saw. Congrats on doing the common sense thing.

jksobonya
Aviator A

I love it! There is no 'personal' information being shared other than your age, general location, and sometimes income - there is no way any company could 'find' you based on this information. You don't share specific information like your e-mail address or home address. 

Rewards for Opinions is the only way to earn Rapid Rewards completely 100% for free, and I find it a valuable service that is worth the time to complete a survey or two every so often. If you don't qualify, you still get a few points (2-3) for the effort. 

I don't know know why so many people are against it! Who doesn't want free RR points?  

--Jessica