Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards Account Error

paulj4
Explorer C

I haven't tried accessing my account in many years an recently I tried to and no matter what I tried (forgot username, forgot password) just gave me an error and to call Customer Service. Tried that but the stated waiting time of 45 minutes was, I felt, quite excessive. Any ideas in what could be possibly wrong and fixing this

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Rapid Rewards Account Error

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Will the system let you create a new account with the same email address you had previously used?  Depending on the last activity date the account may have expired and no longer exists.  That's no longer something that happens, but it could have occurred before the new policy was put in place.  If you can create a new account with the same email then that's what happened.

--TheMiddleSeat

paulj4
Explorer C

Yes, I did try creating a new account with my registered email address, with anew email address, different mailing address (in all possible combinations) and it always responds with an error saying that an account already exists..

bec102896
Aviator A

You could try reaching out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter in a DM and maybe they can get this fixed for you. 

-Blake

paulj4
Explorer C

Yup! I did that as well. Just waiting on a response..