Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards Account

leeawatson2309
Explorer C

Is there a way to add your children to your rewards account?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Rapid Rewards Account

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

No. On Southwest, every person has their own account and the person(s) flying earn points for themselves. (Unfortunately, Southwest doesn't offer "family pooling" like some other carriers.)

That said, you can absolutely set up account for your children, so that they will earn Rapid Rewards points when they fly.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@chgoflyer: "you can absolutely set up account for your children" -- Let's updated that to SHOULD absolutely set up... 😁

I live by the rule of never, ever miss out on a rewards points of any kind. Restaurant, travel, doesn't matter. Setting up my daughters' Rapid Rewards accounts was a proud/fun moment for me.

Happy travels!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

About 4 years ago I set up an account for my grandson just for that one trip he flew with us.  He has since taken 5 more trips with us, albeit, mostly on points, but of the 2 he didn't, he now has a one-way to somewhere for free.  I've even (since I know the acct # and password) bought points for my other grandchildren from time to time to keep boosting points, (since points never expire) and they are all adding up.  So at some point in the near future all 3 of the grandkids with the buying of points, and flights bought outright, should all have a round trip (wanna get away fare) to most places.  Buying the points gets them points for flights and I get points from the credit card purchase as well.  It's really a no-lose situation, IMO