Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards Center ripped me off at Christmas $600, and I don't know what to do.

Teachbio23
Explorer C

After much saving we cashed out our rapid rewards for $600 in Amazon gift cards at Christmas. UPS failed to deliever. Per UPS contract the shipper must file a claim and SWA rapid rewards keeps hanging up on us or telling us to talk to UPS who tells us if they "find it" they would give to SWA. What should I do?  

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Rapid Rewards Center ripped me off at Christmas $600, and I don't know what to do.

nostresshere
Adventurer C

Best of luck...

But with your misleading subject line you are going to need it.

To say RR ripped you off is just plain wrong.  They did not rip you off at all.

You package came up missing - or at least that is what it appears to be.  I am really getting tired of people blasting somebody with terms like "ripped off".

Re: Rapid Rewards Center ripped me off at Christmas $600, and I don't know what to do.

dfwskier
Aviator A

contact Sw customer relations at 855-234-4654 - Monday thru Friday normal business hours.

I agree with the post above. SW s did nothing to "rip you off." Shame on you for telling a fib.

Teachbio23
Explorer C

Per UPS contract the shipper must file a claim. SWA rewards refuses to says if they have. Which either way we can't do anything. SWA tells us to directly deal with UPS. UPS showed us the paper work that it will be sent back the package or refund because they are shipper and they must refund the package. So SWA will be returned the money and I'm out $600. Not sure what else to say. SWA hangs up on me. UPS screwed up yes, but SWA is the one not making it right.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Have you called customer relations?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Edit: Disregard my comment below, I misread the original post. See @dfwskier 's suggestion for the most appropriate advice.

I'd consider filing a claim for merchandise not received with the credit card you used to make the purchase. For documentation you'll need to provide copies of the written communication you've had with UPS and Southwest. Going forward, I'd recommend keeping the dialog civil and factual. Good luck.

jksobonya
Aviator A

"UPS failed to deliver." 

This sounds like a problem with UPS, not Southwest. How did they fail to deliver? Was a signature required for delivery? If it was, were you not there when they attempted to deliver? If it was not, how did they fail to deliver your package? 

Fun story: I had a family situation occur a few months ago, and I let mail pile up in my mailbox for about two weeks. In that time, a package was supposed to be delivered via USPS, but it was not. I didn't even think about it until a few weeks later when I thought: "Where is that item that I ordered?" When I traced the tracking information, on the day the package was supposed to arrive, USPS literally turned around and sent the package back to the original recipient, with the message: "“Return to Sender, Vacant”. They saw mail in my mailbox and assumed that a) no one was home or b) the property was unoccupied (?!) and sent the package back to the sender! Why they didn't just stuff the package in the mailbox is beyond me, but I had to contact customer service where I purchased my item and explain that yes, I really did live there, the address was not vacant, and to please re-send the package. They did, and I got it.

All of that to say, things happen. Customer service is your best bet to find these gift cards. Assuming the cards were sent back to Southwest or Amazon, they should have record of that and be able to re-deliver them. I'd be very interested to know why they were sent back though. 

--Jessica

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Teachbio23 wrote:

After much saving we cashed out our rapid rewards for $600 in Amazon gift cards at Christmas.  

I think that everyone has missed what you said. You used RR points to buy Amazon gift cards??

If that statement is true, you did not do so via Southwest Airlines. You did so with a separate company called More Rewards - which allows people to cash in RR points for hotel stays, rent cars, and Amazon (and other) gift cards.

You should be talking with that company.

https://www.1.awardhq.com/24468SWANCMSWARRNCM/browse/contactUs.jsp

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@Teachbio23 wrote:

After much saving we cashed out our rapid rewards for $600 in Amazon gift cards at Christmas.  

I think that everyone has missed what you said. You used RR points to buy Amazon gift cards??

If that statement is true, you did not do so via Southwest Airlines. You did so with a separate company called More Rewards - which allows people to cash in RR points for hotel stays, rent cars, and Amazon (and other) gift cards.

You should be talking with that company.

https://www.1.awardhq.com/24468SWANCMSWARRNCM/browse/contactUs.jsp

Ah, that is exactly right. I apologize for not reading the initial post correctly.