Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards Chase Credit Card Offer

Grahamdc
Explorer C

Hi, I am a fairly new member and received an southwest email with a credit card offer from Chase for a free companion fare and 30,000 points in March. I decided to get rid of my Alaskan Airlines Bank of America credit card that I’ve had for 15 years and go to the Southwest rapid rewards card. So I started the application process before the deadline (I might add). But by the time the process was complete with Chase which was extremely cumbersome the offer had expired and so I have a credit card that I really don’t want and no points or a companion fare. So lesson learned; I guess you have to be completed with the process before you can actually get a promotional offer. Just be aware.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Rapid Rewards Chase Credit Card Offer

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Rough way to learn.  Thanks for sharing your experience, hopefully the next one goes better for you.

--TheMiddleSeat

rich1954
Adventurer A

If it was me I would cancel card immediately and wait for the next good promotion. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

This tends to happen often - for many promotions, in order to actually get the offer you need to do XYZ in a certain amount of time. For example, spend $3,000 in 3 months. If you don't do this, you won't get the bonus points. Many people unfortunately do not realize the terms of the offer and don't meet them, and they don't get the points. 

Always read the fine print! Multiple times! That way you know what you are signing up for and know what you have to do to get the offer. 

--Jessica