Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards Companion Pass

Thay
New Arrival

Mid December 2020 saw I was coming up a little short on points to make Companion Status. Called RW Customer Service to see what I could do to get addt’l points. Rep was very helpful in pointing me to Southwest Partners who could get me the needed points. She even held on the phone to make sure I did it correctly and told me some points may be applied in January, but not to worry. Spent about $200 at Laithwaite Wines and 1-800 Flowers.

End of January I was told via email, that I was still 1500 points short. Couldn’t get anybody on phone in CS, so they just send me emails that I can’t respond to.

I’m a 20+ year member. Can’t even get a call back. Didn’t have many flights for last few years due to cancer, but was looking forward to travel after COVID.


Bottom line is I was told what to do; did it; but still didn’t get there.

 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Rapid Rewards Companion Pass

elijahbrantley
Rising Star

@Thay Hope your cancer fight is going well! Sorry to hear about that, and I can understand why you did not travel much, especially considering COVID. 

 

Without more detail, it is hard to know how to answer. My assumption is that the points simply did not post within the 2020 calendar year, but I may be wrong on that. T&Cs state: Only points posted on your billing statements and posted to your Rapid Rewards account during the same calendar year are available for qualification for Companion Pass status.

 

At this point, your only option would be to reach back out to SW customer relations. There are several options, but the best way to get in touch -- I have found -- is via FB or Twitter direct message. Those teams are super helpful.  If you would prefer a different contact method, you can find those here.

 

-A List Preferred, Companion Pass holder, Community Champion.

Re: Rapid Rewards Companion Pass

chgoflyer
Top Contributor
Solution

@Thay wrote:

Mid December 2020 saw I was coming up a little short on points to make Companion Status. Called RW Customer Service to see what I could do to get addt’l points. Rep was very helpful in pointing me to Southwest Partners who could get me the needed points. She even held on the phone to make sure I did it correctly and told me some points may be applied in January, but not to worry. Spent about $200 at Laithwaite Wines and 1-800 Flowers.

End of January I was told via email, that I was still 1500 points short. Couldn’t get anybody on phone in CS, so they just send me emails that I can’t respond to.

I’m a 20+ year member. Can’t even get a call back. Didn’t have many flights for last few years due to cancer, but was looking forward to travel after COVID.


Bottom line is I was told what to do; did it; but still didn’t get there.

 


 

 

Did you make the Laithwaite Wines and 1-800- Flowers purchases in 2020? If so, those points would qualify to earn Companion Pass in 2020 once they post, but it can take 6-8 weeks.

 

2021 Rapid Rewards® Qualifying Transactions for 2022 Status

 

Have they posted to your Rapid Rewards account?

 

If they haven't yet, they would need to post (and push you over the threshold) before you'll qualify for CP.

 

If they have, were they not enough to push you over the threshold?

 

 

 

 

Re: Rapid Rewards Companion Pass

Thay
New Arrival

All purchases were made in 2020. I was told by RW Customer Service rep that as long as I made the purchases in 2020, they would count toward 2020 companion pass.

Re: Rapid Rewards Companion Pass

chgoflyer
Top Contributor

@Thay wrote:

All purchases were made in 2020. I was told by RW Customer Service rep that as long as I made the purchases in 2020, they would count toward 2020 companion pass.


 

Ok, great. As I said, those points would qualify to earn Companion Pass in 2020, but only after they post to your Rapid Rewards account, and per the link I shared that can take 6-8 weeks.

 

So again, have they posted to your Rapid Rewards account?

 

If so, were they enough to get you over the threshold?

Re: Rapid Rewards Companion Pass

Thay
New Arrival

They have posted to my account, but the wine club posted in January. And yes, the total was enough to get to Companion. I have not been able to get anybody on phone with Rapid Rewards Customer Service. Only communication has been via email and they are quick to state the rules. I’ve even asked for a call back with no success. 20 years veteran of the “club”.

Re: Rapid Rewards Companion Pass

dfwskier
Top Contributor

Your RR points may have posted in January. Companion Pass points are a different animal. 

Are you sure you are talking  about CP points?

 

If there's an error, contact Customer Relations.

 

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contact-Customer-Relations/ta-p/108355

Re: Rapid Rewards Companion Pass

chgoflyer
Top Contributor

@Thay wrote:

They have posted to my account, but the wine club posted in January. And yes, the total was enough to get to Companion. I have not been able to get anybody on phone with Rapid Rewards Customer Service. Only communication has been via email and they are quick to state the rules. I’ve even asked for a call back with no success. 20 years veteran of the “club”.


 

I think maybe you're not understanding what I've been saying. The wine club points can post in January and still qualify for Companion Pass earning in the previous year, as long as the purchase was made in the previous year. The link I posted earlier verifies that.

 

2021 Rapid Rewards® Qualifying Transactions for 2022 Status

 

When you say they "state the rules," what "rule" are they stating as the cause of you not earning Companion Pass?

 

As we've noted, for something like this you should reach out to Customer Relations (not the regular phone line, not the email form).

 

Contact Customer Relations 

(I'd recommend via Twitter or Facebook direct message.)