Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards Needed to qualify for companion pass

DesertFlyer
Explorer C

I had 40k rewards post to my account the day before Christmas.  I believe it was for 2 credit card referrals at 20k each but it posted as a lump sum of 40k.   The referrals opened their cards in November.  I can't get through to customer service.  I wanted the points to post in 2023 to help me towards companion pass.  Has anyone ever asked to have referral rewards miles posted later?  If I do ever get through to customer service will they do this for me?

Suggestions for large rewards besides Rocket Miles?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Rapid Rewards Needed to qualify for companion pass

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You can't pick and choose when points post. Your points posted in 2022, that's it. 

The largest single earning opportunities I'm aware of are hotels and actually flying with Business Select fares. 

--TheMiddleSeat

DesertFlyer
Explorer C

😫

I'm afraid that you are correct Middle Seat.

Anyone on here need a referral for a credit card? 😂 🤣

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@DesertFlyer wrote:

I had 40k rewards post to my account the day before Christmas.  I believe it was for 2 credit card referrals at 20k each but it posted as a lump sum of 40k.   The referrals opened their cards in November.  I can't get through to customer service.  I wanted the points to post in 2023 to help me towards companion pass.  Has anyone ever asked to have referral rewards miles posted later?  If I do ever get through to customer service will they do this for me?

Suggestions for large rewards besides Rocket Miles?

If you were planning on the points hitting 2023 then you should mention to the applicants to sign up in December in hindsight.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.