Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards Points Locked

sisk71
Explorer C

I have submitted questions through Southwest, received one response, but nothing since then.  My rapid rewards account is locked and they say I need to submit a government issued ID to verify my identify so they can unlock my rewards.  I'm very leary about submitting this information and was wondering if anyone else has gone through a similar situation.  Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Rapid Rewards Points Locked

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Obviously the account was locked for a reason and you need to prove who you are for it to be unlocked.  As long as you initiated the contact with Southwest I don't see why there is concern.  Southwest would not call you and request this info.

--TheMiddleSeat

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

You can also verify and get updates via Twitter DMs with the airline. Be careful of scammers, on the phones, though.

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

lucas2mg
Explorer C

So who do you contact at Southwest? Only contact number I find is the reservations/flight changes folks. No technical support direct number/people? You have to wait in line with the hundreds of people trying to rebook their cancelled flights? Bleh!#

dfwskier
Aviator A

use one o the non phone options listed in "contact us" below

jksobonya
Aviator A

I've never heard of a Southwest account being "locked" before. How does this happen? Do you mean you entered your password incorrectly one too many times and cannot log in? Can you not reset your password?

--Jessica

dfwskier
Aviator A

I suppose it might be true.

I held a credit card with one bank  for 15 years and it suddenly told me I had to do the same thing. I never found out why as there had been no illicit activity on the account.

tobeynaquin
Explorer C

My 500,000 plus points are locked along with my companion pass is locked.  I have tried calling and emailing, no one seems to be able to help me.