Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Highlighted

Rapid Rewards covid bonus points.

Active Member

I reached companion pass qualification in late March by using  the spend tools available. The 25,000 boost that southwest gave all rapid rewards customers did absolutely nothing for me or the people who earned the pass. I am very disappointed in southwest.

 

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Re: Rapid Rewards covid bonus points.

Top Contributor

So why are you disappointed?

 

You have your pass.

 

Are you unhappy  that others who were unable to fly due to the virus may be able to get their own passes?

Highlighted

Re: Rapid Rewards covid bonus points.

Active Member

Not unhappy at all for others that got a bump of 25k but, what about the ones who usually  spent the money on thier charge cards to get the points needed. I think they should have maybe been awarded A list status.

Highlighted

Re: Rapid Rewards covid bonus points.

Top Contributor

@Jsmjeff wrote:

Not unhappy at all for others that got a bump of 25k but, what about the ones who usually  spent the money on thier charge cards to get the points needed. I think they should have maybe been awarded A list status.


The only way to get A-List is by flying.

 

SW gave every RR member 10 "free" flight segments. So anyone only needs to fly 15 segments (a 40% discount) in 2020 to earn A-List

Highlighted

Re: Rapid Rewards covid bonus points.

Top Contributor

@dfwskier wrote:

@Jsmjeff wrote:

Not unhappy at all for others that got a bump of 25k but, what about the ones who usually  spent the money on thier charge cards to get the points needed. I think they should have maybe been awarded A list status.


The only way to get A-List is by flying.

 

Actually, that's no longer true. FYI: With certain Southwest credit cards you can effectively "buy" your way to A-List. It's expensive, but possible.

 

It’s Now Easier To Get Southwest Airlines A-List Status With Southwest Credit Cards

 

 

Highlighted

Re: Rapid Rewards covid bonus points.

Top Contributor

Yup, you are right.

 

Put $120,000 on your card and you are A-List.

Highlighted

Re: Rapid Rewards covid bonus points.

Top Contributor

@dfwskier wrote:

Yup, you are right.

 

Put $120,000 on your card and you are A-List.


 

Actually, it's a lot less.

 

Southwest requires 35,000 TQP to earn A-List, but this year they're giving everyone a 15,000 TQP "boost" towards qualification. So only 20,000 TQPs are required through the end of the year.

 

Normally credit card holders earn 1,500 TQP for every $10,000 in spend, but with the double TQP promotion the earn rate is now 3,000 TQP per $10,000.

 

20,000 / 3,000 = 6.67

6.67 x $10,000 = $66,700

 

 

 

 

 

 

Highlighted

Re: Rapid Rewards covid bonus points.

Active Member

Not unhappy at all that others could not fly. I had to cancel all of my flights. I earned the pass by spending. The 25k boost did nothing for me. I would have thought southwest would awarded A list status or some other reward.

Highlighted

Re: Rapid Rewards covid bonus points.

Active Member

I too had to cancel all of my flights.

Highlighted

Re: Rapid Rewards covid bonus points.

Active Member

Your companion pass is good through 2021.  So, you got almost a year more than most people.  In fact, if you keep up your CP, you'll only get a year added every time you meet the requirements. 

 

So, you're really not doing that bad.   Many others would love to have your problems.