Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Rapid Rewards covid bonus points.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@gsking wrote:

Your companion pass is good through 2021.  So, you got almost a year more than most people.  In fact, if you keep up your CP, you'll only get a year added every time you meet the requirements. 

So, you're really not doing that bad.   Many others would love to have your problems. 

To be clear, their Companion Pass received no extension. By earning the CP in March, they received it legitimately through 2021 per the CP policy. "Many others" could "have their problems" by doing the same.

Those that earned CP through 2020 received an extra 6 months extension through June 2021. Those that earned CP through 2021 received nothing.

Regardless of the boost points, many like the OP are stating that while other CP members received a 6 month extension, they did not receive any such benefit. Since, presumably the extension was to replace the period that travel was essentially unavailable/limited due to the pandemic. That period also applied to those like the OP, so it seems unfair that they did not also receive any accommodation.

The OPs suggestion that the boost points somehow could have been replaced with A-List status (if I'm reading correctly) is a bit odd and clearly unworkable. Also, since everyone received the boost points that for many will prove to be no benefit at all (if they do not attain CP status this year), I don't see how the OP is harmed due to their situation -- as it relates to the boost points. The extension situation I mentioned above is much more legitimate.

Jsmjeff
Adventurer C

Not really had to cancel all my flights.

lis5th
Explorer B

It shouldn't matter when a CP is earned.  The benefit of the card is that you get a CP for the whole year you earn it and the whole year after.  Just because some of us earned it earlier than others shouldn't mean that we should just say "Oh well."

I'm very disappointed in SW as well for not extending the Companion Pass for people whose pass expires next year.  I earned it early this year, had 5 flights booked that all we either cancelled on me or had to be cancelled.  I ended up with thousands of dollars in credit an not extension of a Companion Pass, when those whose pass expires this year get an extension.  That's not equity!

lis5th
Explorer B

Same!

I'm very disappointed in SW as well for not extending the Companion Pass for people whose pass expires next year.  I earned it early this year, had 5 flights booked that all we either cancelled on me or had to be cancelled.  I ended up with thousands of dollars in credit an not extension of a Companion Pass, when those whose pass expires this year get an extension. 

That's not equity!

dfwskier
Aviator A

@lis5th wrote:

Same!

I'm very disappointed in SW as well for not extending the Companion Pass for people whose pass expires next year.  I earned it early this year, had 5 flights booked that all we either cancelled on me or had to be cancelled.  I ended up with thousands of dollars in credit an not extension of a Companion Pass, when those whose pass expires this year get an extension. 

That's not equity!

Did Southwest prohibit you from taking your flights?

If not, I don't see how the airline is responsible.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@lis5th wrote:

Same!

That's not equity!

Did Southwest prohibit you from taking your flights?

If not, I don't see how the airline is responsible.

By that logic, Southwest shouldn't have extended anyone's Companion Passes (or A-List status).

But they did.

The point being made is that all CP holders received some sort of accommodation, except those who had earned it this year.