Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards points missing

51imjdm
Explorer C

Has anyone had points go missing or misused from their reward account? SW changed my flights then notified me, however new flights would not suit our travel. They had me departing my layover site before I departed my home terminal?? Anyway had a 3rd party flying the return trip home with us, so a phone call was required to reschedule flights. Somehow I am missing approximately 25,000 points, even though my new flights required less points. The agent could see the discrepancy, yet could do nothing about it, and gave me Customer relations phone number. I called and spoke to their agent, 2 days later, they are on Central time, and was informed everything looked fine to him. I told him it was not fine, I was missing points, he informed me they have no running record of my points, and unless I had a screen shot of my "starting" points, there was just nothing he could do. Anyone else experience this?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Rapid Rewards points missing

bec102896
Aviator A

I would try reaching out to Southwest on Twitter in a DM to get an extra set of eyes to look at your situation because maybe the rep at customer relations missed something. You could also call back to Customer relations 855-234-4654 and ask that rep to review or ask them to set you up with a supervisor call back if the rep you get says the same thing as the previous rep. 

I know the reservation reaccomadation system went crazy a few weeks a go and so maybe the points ran away at that time. You could also look at your account history to see what may have happened. 

The only points i heard of missing from an account were from expired points due to inactivity but that was when points expired which they no longer do. 

51imjdm
Explorer C

Thank you for answering. Actually emailed them and got a response, attatching a detailed points accrue/redeemed history. The history shows a difference of 55,837 point difference, as opposed to the difference they claim is right, 34,837. So frustrated, math is math!

dfwskier
Aviator A

The point I was trying to make is that ponts don't just vanish (at least mine never have).

Every time points are "spent" on a flight your history shows how many points were spent

and on what itinerary they were spent.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@51imjdm wrote:

Has anyone had points go missing or misused from their reward account?

I am sorry to hear this! It's possible the Representative did not understand your concern. See if this article might help for your situation: Suspect there is unauthorized activity in your Rapid Rewards account? 

I regret that you will need to reach back out to Customer Relations, but there is an investigatory process in the event someone gained access to your account. 

Nicole
Community Manager

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Not to my knowledge I've had this happen to me.  Sorry you are going through this issue and I hope it gets resolved.

dfwskier
Aviator A

If you log on to your SW account, and then click on my account, and then go down the page to recent activity, and click on it, you should be able to see a record of all points added to and subtracted from your account (as well as what w points were spent on)  going  back to 1/1/2019.

Maybe that will help you figure out what is going on.

51imjdm
Explorer C

Thats the data that rep told me wasn't accurate. I was going over this whilst I had him on the phone.