Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards

dukemjd1
Explorer C

When I had a job change I stopped travelling for a while to start a family. I was surprised to see that my rewards points were at 0 the other day when I went on to book a flight with my trusted travel partner.

After calling Customer Relations I wasn't given a day/time confirmation of when I was informed I would lose my points. If I had been notified of this I would have purchased points to retain my expiring points. I have always had a good experience with Southwest, the gate agents, and clients I speak to on the phone, until today.

Now that we are starting to travel again I would like to continue to use Southwest; however, this has soured my past experiences.

How can we remedy this issue? The answer of "my team won't make an exception in this case" leads me to believe that there are more valued customers out there that an exception has been made. This is unacceptable for a company that has a reputation for treating all customers equally.

Very disappointed.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Rapid Rewards

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Prior to October 2019 Rapid Rewards points expired after 24 months of no earnings activity, that no longer occurs. Points earned now do not expire, there’s your remedy. If you are looking for expired points to be returned to you, that won’t happen.

--TheMiddleSeat

dukemjd1
Explorer C

Cute looking burner account.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

No idea what you're suggesting. Did you need more info? 

--TheMiddleSeat