Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards

Ramakanth
Explorer C

I have to give up all my tickets for rapid rewards as i lost my job due to covid and doesn't require any more travel.

Now that its been a long without a proper job and situations not turning to be any better, i am moving out of country and would like to know if i can a refund on my reward points,as i might never be using it anymore.

Please help to get my refund.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rapid Rewards

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

First off sorry to hear you lost your job. 

With trying to get a refund you could Contact Customer Relations and see if they are able to help however if you already turned your travel funds in to points I don’t think they will be able to reverse that and make a refund exception since it says points conversion is not reversible. If you do the travel funds to points conversion the points will be there if you decide to come back a few years down the road since points never expire you could also use those points to buy a flight for anyone so if you had someone still here stateside you could say hey pay me $100 I’ll buy you a $100 ticket in points. 

-Blake 

dfwskier
Aviator A

I agree with Blake -- sorry to hear that you lost your job.

Another option would be to use point to buy gift cards that you might be able to use. I know the option went away earlier this year due to the virus . Maybe it's back. Note this is not the best way to use points. Blakes idea of buying tickets for others might be better.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

I agree with Blake -- sorry to hear that you lost your job.

Another option would be to use point to buy gift cards that you might be able to use. I know the option went away earlier this year due to the virus . Maybe it's back. Note this is not the best way to use points. Blakes idea of buying tickets for others might be better.

FYI: The option to buy gift cards is available through More Rewards, but only to Rapid Rewards Visa Card holders. There are a lot of gift card options, but the more popular ones (Wal-Mart, Amazon, Target) are no longer available.

dculliton85
Explorer C

Quick question, are we not able to redeem our points for gift cards at the moment?  I just tried and it said due to covid it cant process. I usually cash them out once a year . I was't sure if I did something wrong or if that was a correct. Hope I did something wrong, thanks for the help.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@dculliton85 wrote:

Quick question, are we not able to redeem our points for gift cards at the moment?  I just tried and it said due to covid it cant process. I usually cash them out once a year . I was't sure if I did something wrong or if that was a correct. Hope I did something wrong, thanks for the help.

"Due to covid it can't process"?

As far as I know, gift card redemption is still working, assuming you're a Rapid Rewards Visa cardholder, and are choosing a gift card that shows availability on the More Rewards site.

Make sure that you're logged in on the Southwest website first, then navigate to More Rewards. (Sometimes there are errors if you're not logged in correctly.)

Can you post a screenshot of the error message you're receiving (or copy the exact text)? If so we may be able to provide additional help.