Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid rewards and companion pass points in December do not count towards current year.

dnandersonjr
Explorer C

I found that if you do not have the points accumulated by your November statement then you will not get the pass.  All spending done within the month of December will not apply to your current year pass.  This is deceitful as I had a relative sign up for the card to receive the needed points in December to get me to the 125k milestone.  Only to find out that the statement goes toward January.  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Rapid rewards and companion pass points in December do not count towards current year.

dfwskier
Aviator A

It is a well know fact that to have points count in the 2021 colander year, they must be EARNED in 2021.

Credit card earned RR points are earned on a statement date. 2021 statement dates earn 2021 points. 2022 statement dates earn 2022 points.

So points earned on any December 2021 statement are 2021 points..

Nothing about this is hidden.

Re: Rapid rewards and companion pass points in December do not count towards current year.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Apologies for the confusion. Next time! 😞 

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

The statement, "All spending done within the month of December will not apply to your current year pass," is simply not true. My CC statement posted on December 20th for purchases made thru December 18th and the spend/points went to my 2021 spend. (I wish they had been credited to 2022 since I had crossed the 125000 point threshold in November BUT they did NOT.)