Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid rewards program Changes coming in 2023

bec102896
Aviator A

Just a heads up some changes are coming to the Rapid Rewards program next year (2023) you can read all about the changes on this blog post: Changes to Rapid Rewards Program 

key takeaways: 

qualifying for the companion pass will require 10K more points if you earn by way of points instead of segments 

companions will now be assigned sequential boarding numbers (ex B1 and B2)

if you book on points the no show policy will apply if you fail to cancel before the 10min rule on Wanna Get Away And wanna get away plus tickets starting in the summer of 2023

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Rapid rewards program Changes coming in 2023

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Funny that they finally announced the sequential boarding perk that's been around for quite awhile. I'm not loving the increase in points required for Companion Pass when it was also increased not that long ago. Oh well, inflation... Lol

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

I think that’s the effect from making funds never expire and points never expire (getting rid of the 24 months rules) gotta make up for it somehow. 

Definitely funny that it took that long for the companion boarding though when several noticed that over a year a go maybe they used that as we don’t want to be all bad news here’s some good news. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

Are there any changes to preboard status rules?

...over the ocean blue...

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

if you book on points the no show policy will apply if you fail to cancel before the 10min rule on Wanna Get Away And wanna get away plus tickets starting in the summer of 2023

This was the strangest one to me - I don't know the origin of why points bookings were exempt for no-show forfeiture for so long but I guess with the recent change not to overbook flights and the current state of the industry with high load factors that the "cost" of an empty seat has gone up compared to the before times.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

JeffreyViti
Explorer C

what are the changes?

what are the changes? I am waiting for your reply and till then I will visit https://www.grabmyessay.com/conclusion-generator here to find the best essay writer because I am not so good at writing an essay assignment.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@JeffreyViti wrote:

what are the changes?

click on the link contained in the first post of this thread