Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid rewards site down

vijeth21
Explorer C

I am trying to use my SW points to Redeem for more rewards. However, when i login to southwest website and click on click on Redeem points for Gift cards and more option, I am getting Site down for Maintenance error. I am seeing this error for last 2 days and this is really annoying.

P.S - I am not SW credit card holder and on SW website it says rapid rewards member can use points for more rewards.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rapid rewards site down

dfwskier
Aviator A

This is handled by a  completely different company - More Rewards.

Last time I checked, only Chase Rapid Reward cardholders can use the site to get things like gift cards.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@vijeth21 wrote:

I am trying to use my SW points to Redeem for more rewards. However, when i login to southwest website and click on click on Redeem points for Gift cards and more option, I am getting Site down for Maintenance error. I am seeing this error for last 2 days and this is really annoying.

P.S - I am not SW credit card holder and on SW website it says rapid rewards member can use points for more rewards.

Agree - the way Southwest words this has always been confusing to me.

According to the page: https://www.southwest.com/rapidrewards/redeem-more-rewards 

It *looks* as if RR members and RR CC members (2 different groups) can redeem points for gift cards, merch, hotel stays, rental cars, and more according to the chart. 

But the top of the page says: "With the More Rewards program, Rapid Rewards® Credit Cardmembers can use their points for merchandise, international flights on global carriers, hotel stays, rental cars, gift cards, and exclusive Cardmember experiences."

It's never been very clear.

I am not a RR CC member, and I have been able to access the site sporadically but have never tried to purchase anything with points. It's down right now for me as well.

--Jessica

TN615
Explorer C

I am a SW Chase Rapid Rewards credit card holder (have been for years) and I cannot access the international flights page now either.  (I am logged in.)  The direct link I used to use no longer works.  The "More Rewards" page just takes me to a shopping page, but nowhere else.  I was just looking at international flights through the page a few weeks ago, but needed to finalize our travel dates.  I am now ready to book and cannot access the page.  So frustrating!  

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sounds like you should contact More Rewards for resolution

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/More-Rewards-Contact-amp-FAQs/ta-p/108878

TN615
Explorer C

Thank you for your suggestion.  I contacted More Rewards.  They were very kind and helpful.  Apparently the travel portion of the More Rewards site is down for maintenance.  It has been down for a little over 2 weeks and they do not have a completion date.  The rep gave me the conversion rate for my points.  She then advised me I can search any ARC approved airline for a flight, call them back with the airline, flight numbers, and dates and they could book it for me with points.  She also shared that flights had to be booked no later than 10 days from flight and no earlier than 4 months out.