Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid rewards wanna get away earn 5 points for every $1 spent

Torrey96
Explorer C

There is a promotion running now that says if we book travel between 10/1/2020 and 3/21/2021 we will receive 5 total points per $1, up to $2,000 spent per month. I registered today, 12/6/20, but I booked a flight on 10/20/20.  Will it give me the extra points from that previously booked flight even though I just now signed up?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rapid rewards wanna get away earn 5 points for every $1 spent

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Who is offering the promotion? I don't see it on the SW website.

If you can, please provide a link

edit add: if it's a SW  promotion (as opposed to one from Chase), here's how they normally work:

1) Register for the promotion

2) THEN book your flight

3) then take your flight

all within the specified date ranges

So flights booked before registration don't normally qualify for a promotion.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

And remember, it's the credit card company that drives the promotion, not SWA.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

There is a Chase  promotion out there, but it runs from 12/1/2020 to 3/31/2021.

It requires you to get a credit card from Chase, and any purchases made via any method other than that card or before the card was obtained would not qualify.

Torrey96
Explorer C

Thank you.  I saw that one and ignored it since it involved beefing up my credit card.

shelbyusn
Frequent Flyer C

Earn 5 total points per $1 spent on Southwest® travel purchases made with your Southwest Rapid Rewards® Credit Card.*

Register now. Then, book travel between 10/1/2020 and 3/21/2021. You'll receive 5 total points per $1, up to $2,000 spent per month. Use all those points on future reward travel. Plus, all points count towards qualifying for Companion Pass®.

Southwest Chase Credit Card.

I am a Sailor