Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Receipts for Business Travelers

aeherndo
Explorer C

How do business travelers get copies of their receipts for expense reports?  Southwest as far as I can see only sends an email of your reservation with a little summary at the end that shows your purchase.  I need an actual document not something I have to copy and turn into a pdf.  I tried to follow the instructions on re-printing a receipt which is confusing because I've never received an actual receipt but the "link" to resend receipts was nowhere to be found.  Anyone got suggestions for how to get an actual receipt?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Receipts for Business Travelers

kristiru
Explorer C

I usually submit the email with the little reservation summary at the end that shows my purchase. From your email, you can save as a .pdf or print to file as a .pdf and go from there. Unless you use Concur for travel and expense reports, then the itinerary and receipt are automatically uploaded. 

I'm not aware of an option to print a payment recepit from southwest.com. Just have to be sure to save those emails. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

There is a "receipt" tab in the "past trips" section of "my trips" where you can print a summary of the recent trips that you have taken. (And rebook the flight if applicable.)

I can see that some clients wouldn't want your email purchase in case you made changes after that...this would serve as a confirmation of the final cost.

See if this link works for you when logged into your Southwest account:

https://www.southwest.com/myaccount/trips/past

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

audioengineer
Explorer A

I book travel months in advance and have to reconcile my credit card long before the trips occur, so past receipts don't help. Why on earth is it so difficult to get a receipt?

I booked several flights yesterday and only got one confirmation email. Consequently, I'm going to waste hours of my time trying to get the receipts. This is absurd. Help!

LdyDblDoc
Explorer B

Daer Southwest,

Please fix this.  The inablility to print a one-page receipt will keep me from flying Southwest for business in the future.  Your competitors are making it easy for business traverlors to get reimbursed. 

GaryMorgan
Explorer A

I could not agree more. . . I waste entirely too much time looking for non-existent or lost Southwest receipts as I do not always get the e-mail confirmations from Southwest for some reason.  If Southwest wants to maintain their "Transparency" reputation it would seem that this would not be so difficult to arrange.  Presently I have two reservatoins made from just last Thursday and no e-mail receipts to show for them.  I will have to call SW customer service and they seem to have to jump through special hoops in order to get me some form of receipt.  HELP US OUT HERE SOUTHWEST!!  PLEASE!!

middlefairway
Explorer A

Totally agree!  What's so difficult about getting a receipt when you pay for the flight?  I haven't seen any delays on when they charge my credit card ... 😞