Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Redeem Rapid Rewards for Hotel Stay

shan525
Explorer C

I have been attempting to use my Rapid Rewards points to explore hotel stay options. Every time I click on More Rewards  then Hotel Stay, it redirects me to "experiences". Is anyone else experiencing this problem??

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Redeem Rapid Rewards for Hotel Stay

dfwskier
Aviator A

@shan525 wrote:

I have been attempting to use my Rapid Rewards points to explore hotel stay options. Every time I click on More Rewards  then Hotel Stay, it redirects me to "experiences". Is anyone else experiencing this problem??

Try this:

https://www.1.awardhq.com/24468SWA0SWARR

Remember this is not a transaction that is handled by Southwest. It is handled by another company.

I WOULD ADVISE AGAINST using points in this way, as the value the company gives you for points is far less than you would get in using the points to by a tcket on the airline.

connormcox
Explorer C

I am having the same issue, for whatever reason the hotels link has a redirect set up to experiences. Very frustrating. I submitted a support ticket to the more rewards site on Sunday but have yet to hear back. I'll post here if I hear anything.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@connormcox wrote:

I am having the same issue, for whatever reason the hotels link has a redirect set up to experiences. Very frustrating. I submitted a support ticket to the more rewards site on Sunday but have yet to hear back. I'll post here if I hear anything.

There's a symbol to the immediate right of the more rewads hotlink. 

If you click that symbol by mistake, you go to experiences.

See my comment upthread about why I would not use points for anything except Southwest .flights. 

connormcox
Explorer C

This is the link I am clicking from the dropdown on the more rewards site: Hotel Stay

It redirects me to: https://www.qrttravel.com/search.jsp#/experiences

The site is wrong, it has some weird series of 301 redirects that lands you on experiences.

Thanks for the feedback explaining that you only redeem for flights, I did see that.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@connormcox wrote:

This is the link I am clicking from the dropdown on the more rewards site: Hotel Stay

The site is wrong, it has some weird series of 301 redirects that lands you on experiences.

Thanks for the feedback explaining that you only redeem for flights, I did see that.

When you get to the experiences page ...

see the words "memories start here"  middle of page about a third of the way down?

click on the white box below that and you'll get a drop down box of available cities. They apparently do not have hotels in every city - none for Denver or Chicago that I could find for example.

the whole process is not very user friendly.,.

connormcox
Explorer C

I understand what you are talking about, but none of the results are hotels when I select a city... they are all experiences

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@connormcox wrote:

You're absolutely correct. "Hotels" do not appear to be currently available via More Rewards. I'd suggest you contact Southwest or More Rewards about this, but that's likely a waste of time -- you'll just receive a form reply, and the issue will probably be resolved in it's own time. As has been mentioned earlier in this thread, redeeming points for anything other than Southwest flights uses a very unfavorable exchange rate, and is generally not recommended anyway.