Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Refer a friend and California Companion Pass

milhouse
Explorer C

If I give my refer-a-friend link to a friend that lives in California will they automatically get the shortcut to companion pass bonus with their first purchase? Or do they have to use the apply now button in the screenshot I shared? I want to let my friends know about this deal but I also would like to get the 10,000 bonus points if anyone qualifies. Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 5.32.55 PM.png

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Refer a friend and California Companion Pass

Snau
Explorer C

How do I sign up for this?  I can't find a link.  Thanks

milhouse
Explorer C

@Snau wrote:

How do I sign up for this?  I can't find a link.  Thanks

I see it on the right when I log into my RR account and click 'My Account' -- Hopefully I can find out if you have to use that link or are all Calif. residents autoenrolled in this promotion. It's a great offer!

holloways
Explorer C

Good questions!  I'd like to know that answer as well!!!

holloways
Explorer C

Here is the link to Chase's "refer a friend."  Guess it works for a variety of their cards, including the Southwest Airline card, Sapphire Card, and so on.  Go to the link, add the info it asks for (last 4 digits off the credit card, name and so forth) Your referral link will pop up.  You can copy your referral link and send it in email to your friends or post in Facebook, Twitter, etc. 

https://www.chase.com/referafriend/catch-all     

note... you might have to copy this link and put it in your browser

milhouse
Explorer C

I appreciate your response but I have my refer a friend links. I am trying to find out if my friends in California will automatically be enrolled in the Shortcut to Companion Pass offered to CA residents. 

holloways
Explorer C

Im trying to find out that answer as well.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I doubt that Chase would offer double bonues of both refer a friend plus the companion offer.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

milhouse
Explorer C

I don't see why Chase would be that worried about Southwest points. I think they just want new people on credit cards. 

@DancingDavidE wrote:

I doubt that Chase would offer double bonues of both refer a friend plus the companion offer.

DonN
Explorer C

Has anybody gotten an answer to this question yet?