Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Refer the same friend for two cards?

apritchett4760
Explorer C

I have referred my dad for a personal SouthWest Chase card, but now he also considering taking out a business card. Can I also get referal points if he chooses to take out a business card too? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Refer the same friend for two cards?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@apritchett4760 wrote:

I have referred my dad for a personal SouthWest Chase card, but now he also considering taking out a business card. Can I also get referal points if he chooses to take out a business card too? 

I can't be definitive on this but read the fine print, if you can find the section about the limitations it should say if the bonus can be earned for multiple referrals, and whether it would not be allowed for two acceptances by one person.

I don't think it would matter, but check your fine print.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

apritchett4760
Explorer C
Solution

So to clarify, I did call Chase and ask. They said as long as the referee used my link and was approved, I should be awarded the bonus. Thanks for all your help!  

SWDigits
Aviator A

Check with Chase for the definitive answer.  If I go to my Chase "Refer a Friend" page then click on the Southwest portfolio of cards I see the following information that seem like they're relevant:

On the top part of the page: "NEW! Now your friend can choose ANY card!
You can be rewarded if your friend gets any Southwest Rapid Rewards personal or business Credit Card, even if it is a different card than yours."

In the "Program Details" on the bottom of the page: "You can receive 10,000 bonus points for each friend or business owner you refer through this Refer-A-Friend offer (up to 5), who is approved for the card."

Customer | Home airport DCA