Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Refund on points for cancelled flight using Rapid Reward pts. booked under another RR member account

ruthie9
Explorer C

I needed to change my solo flight which I used my Husband's RR account for. The site seemed to have issues this morning with just changing the flight so I did a full cancel (I normally just change the flight vs. cancel) and rebook so I didn't lose the price I found. The points have always been refunded to our accounts when I have made changes so I saw no problem there. However, the transaction is not showing up back in the account for the cancel. Is it just being slow or do I lose the points since I cancelled the flight instead of changing it since it's not under my account?

Thanks in advance,

Ruthie

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Refund on points for cancelled flight using Rapid Reward pts. booked under another RR member acc

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The RR points will be refunded to the account they came from, the account used to purchase the ticket. The refund is usually pretty quick, but could take a couple days. 

Re: Refund on points for cancelled flight using Rapid Reward pts. booked under another RR member acc

ruthie9
Explorer C

Thanks! I have always seen them back in the account pretty quick too, hence my slight cause for concern!

franktravel
Aviator B

Did you receive the cancellation email?   

ruthie9
Explorer C

That just adds to my confusion. As a matter of fact, I never received the cancellation email either and the screen timed out before I thought to print as it always shows up in my email. I type in the conf. # and it comes up $0 as well.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Can you retrieve the reservation either in your account or using the confirmation number and name here: https://www.southwest.com/air/manage-reservation/index.html

Perhaps the cancelation didn't actually go through?

ruthie9
Explorer C

I checked and even checked again.

That answer:

Sorry, we found some errors...

• We are unable to locate your reservation in our system, potentially because it has been cancelled. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).

Error details
Error detail 1: eykt4G8WTJ29XSN8PNVH-w : 4f3ad55b-8a90-4be6-a378-7e595203e3fc : 400520321

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Reach out to Customer Relations. Your best bet is via Twitter.

ruthie9
Explorer C

I did send them an email. I'll try twitter if I don't hear back by Monday.