Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Register SW Gift Card in My Rapid Reward Account

Haipham2017
Adventurer B

It would be nice I am able to register my SW Gift Card in my Rapid Reward Account so I know how much money I have with my credit card.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Register SW Gift Card in My Rapid Reward Account

jksobonya
Aviator A

As far as I know there's no way to "link" a Southwest gift card to your account, but you can always check your balance here:

https://www.southwest.com/gift-card/check-balance.html#check

--Jessica

Haipham2017
Adventurer B

Jessica,

That's why "I wish", it is more convenience for SW Rapid Reward member having both SW fund and GC in the same location. I would like to go further if SW wants to make their GC more attractive, they may allow member buy when they log in their account so the can pay by credit card on file and the GC number will automatic register in Account. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Haipham2017 It's a good idea.  You're welcome to submit your suggestion directly to Southwest, this is a customer to customer forum.

Contact Customer Relations 

--TheMiddleSeat

gsking
Aviator C

In essence,  it seems you're converting your GC to a travel voucher,  which makes sense.  This assumes they can track those online, though... not sure if they do? 

They do a great job now of tracking  TF, which is great.   Too bad they are tied to one person and account,  and expire after a year.   I move my GC to TF sometimes if I know I'll spend them soon.