Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rent car using reward points?

Lon
Explorer C

Hi, new here - searched a bit for an answer but so far no luck  -

QUESTION - is it possible to rent a car using reward points? If so then how?

Thanks.

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Rent car using reward points?

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

Do you have the Southwest Airlines Chase credit card?  I believe you need it to use your points in the "More Rewards system"

Lon
Explorer C

Hello franktravel weekender - thanks for the reply - yes I use the  Southwest Airlines Chase rapid rewards credit card - can you please give me a "drill down" final link to a 'final page' where I can rent a car using my reward points - I look under "more rewards" and I can only find rent car "EARN MORE points", not SPEND my ponts getting a car - thanks for any more help.

---Lon Cooper

Houston TX

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Log in to the Southwest website, and under Rapid Rewards, click on More Rewards. Near the upper right hand corner, under Travel click on Rental Cars. That will load a page with many rental car company gift card options, but the very first link should be Book Travel Now.  Select that, then choose Car from the top menu.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Lon

If you've got the Chase Rapid Rewards Visa, you can access More Rewards and use your points for cars, hotels, gift cards, and more! 

Lon
Explorer C

Hi Lindsey thanks for your reply - unfortunately it did not help - (yes I have the Southwest Airlines Chase Rapid Rewards credit card) - can you please give me the final link to the exact final "page" where I can rent a car using my reward points - I have searched and searched under "more rewards" and can't find where to do that (NOT to EARN MORE points but to SPEND REDEEM my points getting a rent car) (f its not possible to do that then please just tell me that too).

Thanks again,

Lon Cooper

Footsox1
Explorer C

Can someone from SW Airlines please post the STEPS on your website to get to where I can rent a car using my rewards points?  I have a Chase SW Airlines Visa card.  All I can find is how to EARN points.  I want to REDEEM my points and book a rental car.  And exactly, why do you make this so hard to find on your website?  It is easy to use my points to book a flight, but it appears to me that it is deeply hidden on how to use your points to book a rental car.  Thank you.  (The post that says to click on "More Rewards" only takes me to where I can EARN points - not REDEEM them and book a car.)

franktravel
Aviator B

You can not book a car rental in the Southwest website with points.  You need to get to the "More Rewards page"  Go to http://tinyurl.com/ld63tzl. Now sign in or join.  You must have the Southwest Credit card to use More Rewards.  Once you have logged in, click on trave in blue text, now click on car rentals, now you should see redeem your points for travel "Book Travel Now"  if you still have a problem call 1-888-658-4826 to book with points. 

Good luck! 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

You cannot book a rental car using points on the Southwest website. You must use the More Rewards function.

You must be logged in to the Southwest website for either the steps I posted earlier or the link franktravel posted to work.

Log in to the Southwest website, and under Rapid Rewards, click on More Rewards. Near the upper right hand corner, under Travel click on Rental Cars. That will load a page with many rental car company gift card options, but the very first link should be Book Travel Now.  Select that, then choose Car from the top menu.

bhczl
Explorer C

Thank you! This is the worst redemption process I have experienced.