Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rental Car points

Edfroncz
Explorer C

I have had 2 separate car rentals in the last 4 weeks.  Both were thru Hertz and I did enter my RR number for the rental.  Both rentals are done and the cars returned.  I have not yet received my RR points.  Does it normally take this long?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rental Car points

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

If you booked directly through Southwest's site, there is fine print here that states that it might take six to eight weeks for RR points earned through Hertz to post.

If you booked directly with Hertz, you can find more about their point partners here.  The timeline is not clearly outlined, but I believe it would be safe to assume the time it would take to post would be similar to the first scenario.

Good luck!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Edfroncz wrote:

I have had 2 separate car rentals in the last 4 weeks.  Both were thru Hertz and I did enter my RR number for the rental.  Both rentals are done and the cars returned.  I have not yet received my RR points.  Does it normally take this long?

My experience has been that car rental firms are slow in awarding points - especially any bonus points in addition to the normal 600. You can always contact the companies and ask about your points.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

I'll note that sometimes it can be 6-8 weeks after the rental is complete, and all fees (tolls) are paid. Unknown why it takes this long, though.

Hope you see your RR points soon!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

Ron_jacobson
Explorer B

I have been seeing the same delay with Alamo.  I booked a car in January and I got the points posted the day after I returned from my trip.  A rental in April took until June to get my points.  And I have yet to see my points for an October trip and way too early to even worry about points from t thanksgiving rental.  All I know is something happened since January 2019.  

Very disappointed

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Ron_jacobson wrote:

I have been seeing the same delay with Alamo.  I booked a car in January and I got the points posted the day after I returned from my trip.  A rental in April took until June to get my points.  And I have yet to see my points for an October trip and way too early to even worry about points from t thanksgiving rental.  All I know is something happened since January 2019.  

Very disappointed

Whenever I run into a delay in delivery of hotel or rent car  points of more then say 3 weeks,

I contact the firm and ask them to get on with it. That normally does the trick.