Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rental car

TCB3401
Explorer C

How can I pay for a rental car using my Rapid Reward points.  I can not find any where it allows me to. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Rental car

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@TCB3401 wrote:

How can I pay for a rental car using my Rapid Reward points.  I can not find any where it allows me to. 

In order to book car rentals using your Rapid Rewards points, you need to use the More Rewards function, which is currently only available to Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards credit card holders.

If you have a Rapid Rewards credit card, log in to the Southwest website, and choose Rapid Rewards > About Rapid Rewards. On that page, choose How To Redeem, and on that page choose Redeem for More Rewards, then choose Explore Rewards, which will take you to the More Rewards website. There, you'll find rental cars available under Travel > Rental Cars.

Be aware that the exchange rate for using your points with More Rewards is pretty unfavorable, compared to using points to book airfare on Southwest. But, if you have a lot of points it may be worth it for you.

Hope this helps!

Re: Rental car

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

What?  I had no idea.  Thanks for this information.  Do they have the same option for a hotel?