Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Reward Flight Tracker

samjoyfay
Explorer C

I'm currently saving up my Rapid Rewards points for a trip to Puerto Rico with my boyfriend. I use the Reward Flight Tracker to show me how many points I need to cover a roundtrip trip for two passengers, but how does this actually work? Will I be able to use my Rapid Rewards points to buy a ticket in my boyfriend's name? If not, could I transfer some of my points to his Southwest account? Not sure what my options are, so any help would be appreciated! Trying to plan for a celebratory trip once he graduates from law school.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Reward Flight Tracker

DAL
Adventurer A
Solution

Hi samjoyfay!

Puerto Rico sounds fun! I'd love to go there and so cool of you to be saving up for your boyfriend! I've always been able to use my RapidRewards to book tickets for others. You can find full program terms online here. Here's what they currently say about booking for others:

Can I book travel with points for other Passengers (not me)?

Yes. The Rapid Rewards Member who owns the account from which the points will be used will need to make the reservation for the person traveling. Simply get the destination, travel dates, and flight times from the person who will be using your points and log in to your account via Southwest.com to book the reward travel. A Passenger traveling on a ticket using points from another Member's account will not be allowed to make changes to the itinerary. The Passenger must contact the Member and have the Member make any necessary changes. All reward travel is subject to taxes, fees, and other government or airport-imposed charges of at least $5.60 per one-way trip, which must be paid with a credit card, travel fund, or Southwest gift card at the time of booking. Applicable taxes, fees, and other government or airport-imposed charges can vary significantly based on your arrival and departure destination.

I hope that answers your question!

samjoyfay
Explorer C

Great answer! Thank you!

Explorer C

Per your response to the question on changing a ticket:

"The Passenger must contact the Member and have the Member make any necessary changes."  

How does one do this?

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

what are you trying to do? 

BullsFan
Adventurer A

You can't transfer points- maybe you can top off his account With dining points or other promotions?

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Buy, gift or transfer points.

**Points conditions: Transactions are nonrefundable and nonreversible. Points will post within 72 hours. Purchased, gifted, transferred, and donated points do not count toward Tier or Companion Pass status. A credit card must be used to complete point purchase, gift, and transfer transactions. Points can be bought for personal use or as a gift in blocks of 1,000 during promotional periods and 500 when off promotion with an initial minimum purchase of 2,000 points and a daily combined maximum of 60,000 points. Points can be transferred or donated in blocks of 1,000 during promotional periods and 500 when off promotion with a minimum initial transfer of 2,000 points and a daily maximum of 60,000 points. Unless Southwest Airlines and a charity jointly announce otherwise, no portion of the purchase price that a Passenger pays for a ticket is paid to any charity or may automatically generate Rapid Rewards Points for any charity, even those Southwest Airlines preselects as eligible recipients of the Rapid Rewards donation program. Southwest Airlines reserves the right to change the charities that are eligible to participate in the Rapid Rewards donation program at any time without notice.