Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rewards earned on flights paid with LUV vouchers?

canoegirl
Explorer B

Unable to find an answer for this one....when I add up all my flight points for the year it is more than enough to qualify for A-list, but I was still showing up as short. I got a couple of vouchers last winter and spring for delayed flights and offering to take a flight the next day, and used those vouchers to pay for subsequent flights.

Could it be that those are considered non-revenue flights? There is very little info about LUV vouchers, so appreciate any help.

Thanks all!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rewards earned on flights paid with LUV vouchers?

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Hi there

LUV vouchers do count for A List credit and you get the points as it is treated like cash but some other partner things do not count towards A List but they do count towards Companion Pass. A Lot more things qualify for companion pass than A List so I learned for me the easiest way is to take a couple of day trips when southwest has a sale to get the 25 flights rather than 35,000 points because if you don't travel a lot those in particular are harder to earn than the Compainion pass points

If you look at your points away from companion pass that will show all points earned this year and it's easy to compare how much didn't count towards A List 

hope this helps

Blake 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hey @canoegirl,

Your flights that were paid for with vouchers do count toward your A-List status, but as @bec102896 pointed out, there are a few things will not count toward A-List. When you log into your Rapid Rewards Account, you can see how your points are adding up toward A-List vs Companion Pass. 

canoegirl
Explorer B

Thank you.  I only counted flights points, none from partners.   I guess the next question is how do I resolve a discrepancy between the points earned list and the total listed on my account summary?

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

If you feel there is an error you would need to contact customer relations at 855-234-4654 and one of the awesome agents would be glad to help you!

hope it works out for you!

Blake

canoegirl
Explorer B

Thanks Blake. I did a little side by side comparison when I realized I could filter my activity listing by type of points. When only viewing Tier qualifying points, I saw that a number of flights had only half the points from the full list. Then I realized they were double points promotions, and sure enough, the fine print says the bonus points don't count towards A-list.

Mystery solved!