Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Rewards for Opinions Program a Huge Waste of Time

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I believe the points should show up in your Rapid Rewards automatically - from and to where are you trying to transfer points?

You may need to call customer service if there is a technical issue.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Lmkel68
Adventurer C

In the beginning the points would show up quickly.  Now it's 4-6 weeks and they are slowly transferring over. Whit  Rapid rewards dining and shopping, it seems to move a bit faster

Lmkel68
Adventurer C

4-6 wks and it is a SLOW process. In the beginning it was a speedy process.  Now I just wait and hopes that they transfer over.  Rapid rewards shopping and dining seem to move quite fast.

J-H
Explorer C

I just spent close to an hour doing a survey that I finally qualified for to earn 150 Points. After I finished the survey, I got an error message saying there was a problem completing the survey. No way to contact anyone so I believe I am done with thisprogram.

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. It is a waste of time. Just forget it and move on.

justjayce
Explorer C

I just dumped this. They take your personal information several times just to tell you there are no surveys. Or when one is picked you never get to complete it. It is pure garbage and a complete time waster. 

In a time vs money perspective southwest points are worth about 1.5 cents. So even if you get a 15 minute survey for 50 RR points that is 75 cents. So these provide an value of about $3 an hour in points assuming you could do this constantly which you cannot. 

The only reason I would attempt this again is if I were desperate to keep my points from expiring, but there are many other ways to prevent that which are not as unproductive as this.

Southwest should dump this partner pronto.

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

Would be nice if we dump Southwest for another airlines. They dumped everyone's time. Honestly by all means. I decided not be their passenger no more. It is simple.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@DfDrPepper_23, if you dislike Southwest so much and no longer fly Southwest why do you hang out in the Southwest Community?

--TheMiddleSeat

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

Good question. I am a advocates for these peoples who have problems with the southwest. Peoples like me had some problems with it. 

Sparkyabq
Explorer C

I signed up after receiving email out of the blue from what I thought was Southwest Airlines asking for my opinions.  After completing several 'Opinion' surveys, it became apparent that this was not Southwest and all RFO is doing is collecting the personal information on participants which they probably sell to third parties.  I was never once asked for MY OPINION on any topic.  I unsubscribed after two weeks of Rewards For Opinon filling my Inbox with annoying requests.  I am miffed that Southwest would partner in this scam.