Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Rewards for Opinions Program a Huge Waste of Time

nopolis
Explorer C

This is my exact experience also. I've tried 10 or so and have yet to be approved for 1. Many of mine seem to need me to be someone who is a big decisionmaker at my job. As an employee of a huge company, most of my coworkers would not qualify.  I find it a bit concerning that you give them all this free info and then are unable to complete a survey for some decent rewards points.  They really need something that vets most of your criteria as a member of the rewards program.

TFMD
Explorer C

I agree with the others.  Either this is a waste of my time or worse, a cheap way for you or your "partners" to elicit information from me for commercial purposes without any renumeration for my efforts! I doubt if anyone was ever rewarded for their efforts! Piss me off!

imrozzy
Explorer C

Same thing.... didn't qualify... not in the right demographic.... etc etc etc....  now I just delete...  waste of my time...

jksobonya
Aviator A

Sorry, but I completely disagree. Any way to earn points - especially when it is 100% free! - is for me! It's helped me book free flights when I would not have had the points otherwise. I've earned over 5,000 points with Rewards for Opinions since I joined in 2018 and I am at the Diamond level (the highest). 

You don't give any "personal information" that would identify who you are - state, zip code and age is as close as it gets in my experience. And, if you don't quality for a survey, you still get a few RR points just for participating, 2-3 points on average. 

It's very much worth it for a few minutes of your time. I've even had a few surveys with incentives to try a product and get compensation for it. Once, to try a snack product and rate it, and another, to try a beauty product and rate it. I'm all for it!

--Jessica

mmcdermo
Explorer C

the same thing happened to me. I had a 4 hr layover-trying to kill time-i did about 7 in a row. only AFTER they asked me like 15 mins of questions that were pretty personal did I get the notice "sorry you don't qualify"-seems like a bait and switch to me-getting all the answers they want without having to give out the promised points. I am feeling scammed. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We're sorry to hear this @mmcdermo. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we aren't equipped to assist you here, but we encourage you to follow the steps below to reach out via official Customer Service channels. Thanks!

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

Nicole
Community Manager

jksobonya
Aviator A

It's not a scam at all. I fill out these surveys here at Reward for Opinions and also through Caesars Entertainment's Say & Play (Vegas) to get Rewards Credits. Surveys are only valid for a specific demographic for a specific period of time, and can be fulfilled at any time. The people making the surveys only need so many responses from so many people. That is why surveys can be closed by the time you click the link to take it, or even when you are in the middle of taking it. You still get a few points even if you aren't qualified for a survey as well, so to me there's no harm done. 

--Jessica

vdm512
Explorer C

I have the same trouble with southwest rewards for opinions. I try to take a survey and it asks personal questions for 15 minutes then tells me I do not qualify. This has happened several times. I would say I tried about 10 times and only once did I actually get to complete a survey for the points. The other nine were a waste of time and gave out a lot of information for no points.

Mark764
Explorer C

Agreed a huge waste of time and after spending over 30+ minutes on a few survey's I am thinking as many questions that are answered somebody is using this data and I am not getting any RR points for this information. 

draino139
Explorer C

It is a great way to keep your account active if that is ever for any reason in doubt.   Even earning the 3 points for not qaulifying for a survey buys you 24 months of inactivity.