Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rewards for Opinions

shelbyusn
Frequent Flyer C

This is a message I received from "Rewards for Opinions":

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity has been flagged, and upon review of your account, we have been forced to suspend your account. As a member of our program you may only have one account, provide accurate profile information and survey responses. You must also be thoughtful and attentive in responding to our surveys. When we have concerns about any of these program rules we are obligated to take steps to investigate and unfortunately suspend accounts. We do not take account suspension lightly and do so only when account issues have been identified. At this time your account has been indefinitely suspended and you will no longer be able to participate in surveys or claim rewards from our website.

My answer was:

Supervisor, Southwest - Rewards for Opinions, I received your response to my "General Account Issue" Email. I only have ONE Account in Southwest - Rewards for Opinions Program. I take exception to your acquisitions in paragraph two. As a sustained loyal Southwest Airlines customer I do not appreciate the tone and insinuations in this Email. A copy of this correspondence will be forwarded to "The Director of Public Relations Southwest Airlines".

I am a Sailor
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Rewards for Opinions

shelbyusn
Frequent Flyer C

I think I just lost 897 total Rapid Rewards® points collected to date when I was locked-out of Rewards for Opinions survey program.

I am a Sailor

jksobonya
Aviator A

As a member of our program you may only have one account, provide accurate profile information and survey responses

^My guess is they took issue with either providing an accurate profile or your survey responses, not if you had more than 1 account. You need to keep your profile active and give accurate survey responses. If you don't do this they have the right to suspend your account for inactivity or if they feel you are manipulating survey responses or not taking them seriously.

--Jessica

shelbyusn
Frequent Flyer C

Thanks for the response.

Profile 100%, > greater than 10 surveys taken, 80 years old, retired US Navy officer, always tell the truth. And lost 897 Rapid Rewards points.

I am a Sailor

shelbyusn
Frequent Flyer C

This message is from Rewards for Opinions Surveys

I hope no other Southwest Rapid Rewards member has to go thru this.

Hello John,

We took the aforementioned action after reviewing the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity.

As a renowned market research provider, we take the validity of our research data very seriously and needed to take steps to address the matter.

We appreciate your time on our panel but, as previously stated, we unfortunately have no option other than to permanently suspend your account.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Ryan

Rewards for Opinions

I am a Sailor

shelbyusn
Frequent Flyer C

Good News!

I was awarded the Rapid Rewards points I had earned before I was booted off the Rewards for Opinions survey program, unjustly.

They did the right thing by giving my my points.

I am a Sailor

shelbyusn
Frequent Flyer C

This is the response from Southwest Airlines - They did not even get the name of the survey correct. The survey was Rewards for Opinions.

Dear John,

Thank you for your email regarding our Rapid Rewards Partnership with e-Rewards. We are sorry to learn of your disappointment surrounding your account with them. It's important to note Southwest Airlines does not determine the amount or type of information required to participate, and simply maintains the points earned in a Member's account. That said, please know that Southwest points never expire, and if you have any other questions or concerns, we ask that you contact them.

Your friendship and business mean the world to us, and we hope to welcome you onboard soon.

Sincerely,
Michael Reitz
Southwest Airlines

I am a Sailor

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Sorry to hear about your experience. You get such a small number of points going the survey route that I don’t find the time invested worth the reward. But that is my opinion, and I can understand your frustration. 

At least they let you keep the points you had earned. I hope you’re able to use them to go somewhere fun!

-A List, Companion Pass holder